Number of Trades Allowed per GM in ATD 2021 - 5 or 7?

Number of Trades Allowed in ATD 2021? 5 or 7?

• Total voters

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
For sake of reference only: We determined in the last thread that the max limit in the last few trading drafts was actually 8 trades.

(In ATD 2011, the max was 3 trades, which was really annoying and led to lots of complaining)

Last edited:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
Over two weeks later, still a TIE between 5 and 7 (heck, even a one vote difference at this point would have been almost equivalent).

As TDMM proposed, I second: 6 it is.

Split the difference.

Fair.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
I officially move to make 6 the final number.

Please let me know if anyone objects.

Thanks!

I agree if it ends in a tie, but there's no reason to end the poll now.

This is something that really doesn't need to be decided until right before the draft order is released. It's not like we need to know this before moving on with some other step to get the draft set up. It should remain open at least until sign ups are closed, so all GMs have a chance to vote.

Reactions: ResilientBeast

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I wish 7 won but it ended in a tie.

6 is a great compromise for everyone.

I say we close this one, that way nobody is really unhappy.

Last edited:

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
I don't understand, there is literally no reason to close it early. It doesn't make for less work or speed up the process of getting the draft started.

I understand why some of the other polls ended early, but this seems to be a different case. I can't think of any downside to leaving it open until signups are closed. Maybe I am missing something, if so please let me know.

On the other hand, there is a clear potential downside to closing it early, which is that some of the late sign ups won't get an opportunity to vote.

EDIT: It is unlikely, but 5 more GMs could sign up and all vote the same way, that would give a clear winner.

Reactions: ResilientBeast

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
5 it is. :)

The majority have spoken.

Last edited by a moderator:

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
With all the preferences for the reward lottery having been sent in I think we can close this one down.

5 with the late surge is the winner. Updated the OP in the draft thread to reflect this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->