Number of Trades Allowed in ATD 2021?

Number of Trades Allowed in ATD 2021?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Yeah it's me, I'm constantly shifting around the board. My goal this year should be to never pick in my actual spot. Move all 25 picks.

My first round pick is already on the block

If that's your goal, why don't you vote for 7 trades at least. It's a dark, sad day when we can't count on you among the pro-trade clan.

You can reverse the balance of power. Let's do this !

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I picked 5 as it seems like a nice middle ground.

There should be some element of strategy involved in making deals. Being judicious in when/how you trade is the biggest factor. 5 allows you to make 2-3 moves in the early portions and still retain an ability to move in the middle rounds.

Most people won't even make 5 trades if that were the number picked. I think expanding the # beyond that gives those who have gone through trading drafts and figured out the lay of the land, an inherent advantage in posturing during the draft. And I say that as someone who is in that group IMO.

I don't think trading will slow the draft down tremendously, but I do think there should be a solid balance as a lot of people simply won't get involved in trading much/if at all.

Just my .02 but I'm game for whatever wins the vote.

You break my heart. :' (

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Or we just allow everyone to have their own opinion and vote for whichever option they personally feel is necessary. And go with whichever option wins out whether it’s the one we personally wanted or not. Lol

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
If that's your goal, why don't you vote for 7 trades at least. It's a dark, sad day when we can't count on you among the pro-trade clan.

You can reverse the balance of power. Let's do this !

It feels like a challenge to do it in 5 (jk)

Honestly my vote if anything is for whichever 5 or 7.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Please don't try to rig the results.

5... is where we are at.

(Gawd contemporary American political tactics has infused the world.)

We have a poll to determine what to do.

You don't like the results? So you propose another attempt to take a kick at the can?

Please. Let rationality prevail.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I mean, it does seem silly to start another poll when 5 and 7 are clearly two of the options in this one. Why do we need another one?

If this is about your vote, I mentioned before we can count yours towards the 7 option if a mod can’t make the adjustment.

I’m sure we will get more voters as the draft nears. This one has only been up for a few days now.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Please don't try to rig the results.

5... is where we are at.

(Gawd contemporary American political tactics has infused the world.)

We have a poll to determine what to do.

You don't like the results? So you propose another attempt to take a kick at the can?

Please. Let rationality prevail.

Oh please. Having a poll of the top 2 options has been done many times before if one option didn't hit 50%. We did it on HOH to determine the next project.

I don't really care that much here, but no need to accuse people of wanting to "rig the vote."

Reactions: BenchBrawl

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Yeah, this has been done in virtually every poll I can remember. You give many options then make a final battle between the most popular.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
5 is the most popular option!

Don't try to re-rig the votes to get what you want. ACCEPT what is wanted by more people.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
5 is the most popular option!

Don't try to re-rig the votes to get what you want. ACCEPT what is wanted by more people.

People that want unlimited trading will clearly prefer 7 over 5. Hence the need for a cleaner pool between two options.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
I don't see the rush; let the poll stay open for a while. We usually don't start until the middle of the month (or a bit later) anyway.

That said, I don't see the point in a "final showdown" poll. Logically, the people who voted for unlimited trades would vote for 7, and the people who voted for 3 trades would vote for 5.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
I don't see the rush; let the poll stay open for a while. We usually don't start until the middle of the month (or a bit later) anyway.

That said, I don't see the point in a "final showdown" poll. Logically, the people who voted for unlimited trades would vote for 7, and the people who voted for 3 trades would vote for 5.

Agree, there’s no reason to end this poll now. All participating GMs should get an opportunity, and I’m sure hoping we get more than 12 GMs this year.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
Agree, there’s no reason to end this poll now. All participating GMs should get an opportunity, and I’m sure hoping we get more than 12 GMs this year.

Yeah... I know some people may be looking forward to a super small draft, but I am hoping for at least 20.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Right now this is essentially 8-5 in favor of 5 trades allowed per GM, not to include full pick swaps prior to the draft starting.

The 2 people who sad 3 are likely in the 5 camp and the 2 who said unlimited would go with 7.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
To me, 7 is the "middle ground," as it is the status quo. And in effect only restricts outlier GMs.

The changes are to either restrict trades further for everyone (which adds a certain strategic element to them) or basically make them unlimited.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Right now this is essentially 8-5 in favor of 5 trades allowed per GM, not to include full pick swaps prior to the draft starting.

The 2 people who sad 3 are likely in the 5 camp and the 2 who said unlimited would go with 7.

Even though I remember all the complaining that happened during the draft every time we restricted trades to less than 7, and that I also take note that most (not all) longer term GMs favor 7 over 5...

I think the way you are counting votes is fair and valid.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Strictly out of curiosity, what percentage of GM’s typically used all 7 of their trades anyways? I would imagine it to be a pretty low minority, but I could be wrong.

I only took part in one trading draft so far, 3 years ago I think. But I don’t seem to recall there being a whole lot of trades overall. And I seem to remember the vast majority not really trading at all. I seem to recall maybe a group of 3-4 GM’s who were making the majority of the trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->