Confirmed with Link: Nuke scored a MotherF****ing goal!!!

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
I think he's finally ENJOYING playing hockey. He's smiling, laughing with teammates and looks happy. From all accounts he wasn't enjoying his time in Dallas anymore.

Maybe all he needed was a change of scenery and a coach who believes in him.

Reactions: PAZ

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I think he's finally ENJOYING playing hockey. He's smiling, laughing with teammates and looks happy. From all accounts he wasn't enjoying his time in Dallas anymore.

Maybe all he needed was a change of scenery and a coach who believes in him.

I believe this is an important part of our success. Good leadership in the locker room, strong team spirit, making everybody feeling welcome, a good friendly captain as well. I know that Burakovsky was very happy about how he was taken care of and welcomed to the team. Having some Nordic players on the the team may help a little bit since we usually believe in more non-hierarchical organizations/teams. Yes, we do have managers etc but it's not the same hierarchical structure like many other countries have. From a deep historical view this is the single most important reason to the success our ancestors had, the Vikings, incredible strong and tight teams, standing up for each other, nothing magical or mythical. (Not being afraid of dying because of their religion perhaps helped them too but that's a totally different story. ;-) )

Last edited:
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Really happy to see Nuke have success with y’all.

I felt so bad for him last year, it wasn’t that he had a bad year, he just couldn’t buy a goal. His hustle and defensive play was always there.

I doubt he’ll ever be what he was suppose to be but I definitely think he can have a decent career in the NHL as a 3rd/4th liner who can PK very well and produce every now and then.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
He’s an animal on the forecheck, backcheck, chasing dump-ins, pressuring the D at the point, etc.

You see 6’4” 220 pounds of agile man meat coming at you and it’s panic at the disco.

The hands are getting smoother and smoother, too. There’s untapped potential here.

upload_2019-12-5_9-46-26.gif

upload_2019-12-5_9-46-50.gif

upload_2019-12-5_9-47-12.gif

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I never knew he could play with this kind of effort at both ends of the ice. He never quits. I caught myself saying out loud "Put Nuke on" when there was a minute left in the game last night. I never thought I would ever say something like that before the season started.

Reactions: LTC Pain

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
The Legend of Denver: Nuke's Awakening

If he keeps flashing offensive skill and chipping in points while continuing to be a fantastic checker... I am also of the opinion that you need to try him next to Kadri.

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
I never knew he could play with this kind of effort at both ends of the ice. He never quits. I caught myself saying out loud "Put Nuke on" when there was a minute left in the game last night. I never thought I would ever say something like that before the season started.

Same here. Nuke is constantly pressuring the puck. Damn relentless puck hound!

Reactions: klozge

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If he had any sort of finish to his game, he'd have had 5 goals last night. :laugh:

He's really surpassed any and all expectations and it is good to see him getting rewarded.

Reactions: AvsGuy

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
The Legend of Denver: Nuke's Awakening

If he keeps flashing offensive skill and chipping in points while continuing to be a fantastic checker... I am also of the opinion that you need to try him next to Kadri.
I'd like to see that. Would be awesome if it works. Kamenev would need to come in for Jost so we still would have a good 4th line, though.

Reactions: nightonthesun

TheNorthStars

Stars/Leafs
Sep 3, 2018
Glad to see Nuke doing well. He had a rough time in Dallas, still was an effective player just couldnt bury his chances. Was really snakebitten.

Really hard worker, good on the PK. I figured he just needed a change of scenery and now hes starting to put it together. Great pickup by Sakic.

Last edited:
Reactions: klozge

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I hope he can put up 10 or so this year and start building some confidence. Maybe work with some skills coaches in the summer. He seems to have some hands and a decent shot.

I'm liking the pickup just because he fits the mold and work ethic of the team top to bottom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad