Confirmed with Link: Nuke scored a MotherF****ing goal!!!

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
meh idk , from what i remember Kamensky had more skills with the puck , he was a lesser version of Sam Girard's puck handling, but Kamensky had the eye of a goalscorer that's for sure.

Nuke does have a lot more speed , but he needs to work on his scoring skills
Kamensky and Girard are not alike at all.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Those who had seen Kamensky play in USSR had him labelled as the Russian Gretzky (no shit). Nords being able to snatch him was a huge deal. His raw skill level was off the chart but his Soviet style didn't translate all that well to the NHL game (even though he had good seasons). He didn't play close to his potential.

I still remember how ridiculously high he'd raise his stick for a slapshot. Never seen anything like it before or since. :laugh:

Love Nuke but they have nothing in common outside of being born in the same country.

Last edited:

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I think we owe a lot of credit to Bednar for Nichushkin becoming the player he has. He’s obviously being coached to keep moving his feet, and to not give up on plays. Also, Bednar kept giving him opportunities even after bad games. Obviously our injuries allowed Nuke more opportunity than on a healthy team, but Bednar could have ended the Nuke experiment 15 games ago.

if he keeps it up, wow, what a pick up by Mr Sakic.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I think we owe a lot of credit to Bednar for Nichushkin becoming the player he has. He’s obviously being coached to keep moving his feet, and to not give up on plays. Also, Bednar kept giving him opportunities even after bad games. Obviously our injuries allowed Nuke more opportunity than on a healthy team, but Bednar could have ended the Nuke experiment 15 games ago.

if he keeps it up, wow, what a pick up by Mr Sakic.
Bednar and also everybody who's played a part in creating this team's culture.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Also worth pointing out that he literally tore Duncan Keith in two on that goal, which is a nice bonus.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
That goal looked like prime Keith Primeau for me, just inside outside inside with the size and reach.

But yeah, what a goal. He was in overdrive while everybody else was two speeds behind.

6’4” and 220 pounds able to do that at super high speed.

Just beautiful.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Kamensky had a serious leg injury before he came over. That limited his skating ability considerably. Before that he was flying on the ice.

Badly broken leg if I recall correctly. He was amazing as a young Soviet player. I recall that Scotty Bowman and others thought he was almost a generational-type talent as a young player in the Soviet Union. His play in the 1987 Canada Cup was amazing against a loaded Team Canada squad (Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Messier, Bourque, Coffey, Murphy, Hawerchuk, etc.).

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I know I'm bias when it comes to this guy because I've been a huge fan basically since game 1 this year.

But seriously.... I really think we might have something significantly more than what anybody previously thought Nuke would be for us. I dont think his effort level before this year had ever been anywhere close to what it is this year. The dude is an absolute hound on the puck every single night. He's actually a real good skater as was evidenced last night and he has an impressive top end speed when he gets moving. He's also extremely responsible defensively and his puck management in his zone is quite good as well.

To me he has easily, easily earned himself a permanent spot in this lineup when the team is 100% healthy. I would actually argue he's been the 4th or 5th best forward since Mikko went down with an injury. And now he has 4 points in 5 games.

This guy needs to be playing every night.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I know I'm bias when it comes to this guy because I've been a huge fan basically since game 1 this year.

But seriously.... I really think we might have something significantly more than what anybody previously thought Nuke would be for us. I dont think his effort level before this year had ever been anywhere close to what it is this year. The dude is an absolute hound on the puck every single night. He's actually a real good skater as was evidenced last night and he has an impressive top end speed when he gets moving. He's also extremely responsible defensively and his puck management in his zone is quite good as well.

To me he has easily, easily earned himself a permanent spot in this lineup when the team is 100% healthy. I would actually argue he's been the 4th or 5th best forward since Mikko went down with an injury. And now he has 4 points in 5 games.

This guy needs to be playing every night.
If he becomes a solid middle 6 guy, that will be such a huge win for Sakic. What an amazing move. He went 10th OA, and you can tell he’s got the tools to be an NHL player. I’m really impressed with him lately.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
That goal looked like prime Keith Primeau for me, just inside outside inside with the size and reach.

But yeah, what a goal. He was in overdrive while everybody else was two speeds behind.

6’4” and 220 pounds able to do that at super high speed.

Just beautiful.

OMG this video is hilarious! Hawks homer annoncers think that Crawford makes the save, how embarassing!:laugh:

Also Nuke goes a bit too much wide but Keith turns the wrong way so it doesn’t matter, pathetic defense by Keith!:help:

Reactions: AvsGuy

FreshFitted67

Jun 28, 2010
Tibet
www.kitchen.com
Kamenski scored one of the best goals of all time. It might be a little forgotten now but it used to be on highlight packages all the time.
Kamensky was a helluva player but he is not very similar to Nuke.

So happy for Nuke and if he can get his confidence and goal scoring touch back, look out :thumbu:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Kamensky might be the franchise's most underrated forward - like others have stated, it's almost a shame / incredible that we didn't even get to see close the best version of him as Avs/NHL fans, as awesome as he was. If you were to take all the Avs players (I mean ones who we really see in an Avs sweater in our head) and say you could have them in their primes (even if they weren't with the Avs) - Kamensky would've been the franchise winger of the club by far, with all due respect to Mr. Hejduk.

The Red Army team is really too incredible to describe. In the mid/late 80's they had the KLM line still in it's prime (you know, simply one of the best units of the sport of ice hockey of all-time) with Fetisov and Kasatonov on defense plus Kamensky, Bykov and Khomutov who were almost as good as the top line on their own plus Konstantinov, Goose, and rising young stars Fedorov, Mogilny and Bure all on the same team. The same freaking team. Yeah so it was essentially the Soviet national development team I don't care, that's a mind-numbing collection of talent.

Back to Nuke...as good as Bura has been, Nuke has to be the surprise of the season thus far. The way he has stepped up into the injury void, scoring and collecting points but just busting his arse and also seeing his PT rise to 15-17 minutes a night - with no sign of it being too much or beyond him is pretty incredible. His versatility is awesome for us because when completely healthy he can go back to the bottom 6 and keep doing what he does but to be able to know that he can play up when needed is big. I mean that's the story of the Avs success this year so far - Nuke just might be the biggest embodiment of it (figuratively and literally).

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Right now the way he is playing makes him pretty much tied with Don as the second best winger on the team.

That's counting Mikko being back of course.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Man that goal was great. He got the puck and I didn’t think he could get past the D then he got speed I hadn’t seen from him before and made that beautiful backhander

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
The only people who believe that goal happened less than us is the Avs bench

upload_2019-12-4_18-16-36.png

lol PAB has just seen Jesus.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
So much for the folks saying Nuke can’t lift the puck and all that nonsense. That was a top shelf snipe on a pretty good goalie.

all Nuke needed was to score 1 goal and get his confidence back.

I would love to see him get a shot in the 2nd line with Kadri. That could be a fun combination.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad