Confirmed with Link: Nuke scored a MotherF****ing goal!!!

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Man, in hindsight, the ewoks are kinda terrifying...

They were getting ready to cook Han before his friends noticed them schlepping him towards the fire...so we know they're down to chow down on some human...they collect helmets as trophies of their kills -- let's not dwell on what might've happened to the dudes inside those helmets -- and use them as instruments for their celebration; they can take out vastly technologically superior opposition with very rudimentary tech, but also show the ability to figure out new (and much more advanced) technology, insanely quickly...

Kinda makes ya think that the star wars sequels should just be about those little bastards taking the empire's tech from that moon base & using it to conquer the every-loving-s*** out of absolutely everything; as retribution for their fallen...whom we know that they mourn...

EDIT:
Like, look at this lil guy's headgear, then look at his cute little spear...that he probably used to make that hat:
It's really funny to me that the Ewoks were originally supposed to be Wookiees, but after they were made to be cuter (to sell more toys), they still kept the original costume design of the Wookiees. It basically turned these little teddy bear creatures into savage, bloodthirsty, man-eating monsters.

Reactions: cgf

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Man, in hindsight, the ewoks are kinda terrifying...

They were getting ready to cook Han before his friends noticed them schlepping him towards the fire...so we know they're down to chow down on some human...they collect helmets as trophies of their kills -- let's not dwell on what might've happened to the dudes inside those helmets -- and use them as instruments for their celebration; they can take out vastly technologically superior opposition with very rudimentary tech, but also show the ability to figure out new (and much more advanced) technology, insanely quickly...

Kinda makes ya think that the star wars sequels should just be about those little bastards taking the empire's tech from that moon base & using it to conquer the every-loving-s*** out of absolutely everything; as retribution for their fallen...whom we know that they mourn...

EDIT:
Like, look at this lil guy's headgear, then look at his cute little spear...that he probably used to make that hat:

Lol, this is great. The randomness of it makes it even better.

Nuke
Nuke
Nuke
EWOKS
Nuke
Nuke
Nuke

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I was at the game, and I called it. Dude was feeling it your could see him buzzing. I think it was after the Mack goal I said tonight's the night. Hopefully this gives him some confidence to put up some more points and get another contract somewhere else next year.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I think Nuke is an ideal 4th loner. He can create chances, maybe not finish them... but he back checks and fore checks hard, protects the puck well and wins board battles.

Basically the perfect player to put out to make sure the line finishes off his shifts in the offensive zone, for the top scorers to come out.

For shame that it was in a losing game. Would’ve been epic if it sparked the comeback.

Reactions: paganini11

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
I love his forecheck game. Dude rumbles in hard and usually gets to pucks first or at the very least causes some havoc for defenders down there. Sweet feed to LOC last night after he stole the puck.

Reactions: arun

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Lmao nobody was happier for him than Zadorov

I didn't even realize that was Z at first because he didn't tower over him. Nuke looks big out there but I forgot how big he actually was.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
I figured if he ever scored it would be a goal mouth scrum or a puck bouncing in off his butt. But these have been great shots, the second one being a genuine highlight reel goal.

Reactions: MacBradley

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Wow! That Nuke's goal was something else. So happy for him. He kept playing hard and doing all the little things even though pucks weren't going in and he's finally being rewarded. This is the time to re-sign him.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Sportsnet crew called him Valeri Kamensky last night and quite frankly, who could blame them?

meh idk , from what i remember Kamensky had more skills with the puck , he was a lesser version of Sam Girard's puck handling, but Kamensky had the eye of a goalscorer that's for sure.

Nuke does have a lot more speed , but he needs to work on his scoring skills

Reactions: Foppberg

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
meh idk , from what i remember Kamensky had more skills with the puck , he was a lesser version of Sam Girard's puck handling, but Kamensky had the eye of a goalscorer that's for sure.

Nuke does have a lot more speed , but he needs to work on his scoring skills
Frenchy Bomb! Comes in out of hibernation and completely misses my sarcasm!

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I recently said he'd be the perfect 4th liner if he could start producing just a little and now he's doing just that. :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->