Post-Game Talk: Nucks 3 @ Wings 5 | ♪ 3 Bad Calls, 2 Bleeding Canucks and A Power Outage in the Joe ♪

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Can someone tell me where the Penalty on Vey was when Nucks were on the PP? Completely honest question. I rewinded and rewinded and all i see is him standing there, he pushed a Wings player at one point, but that's pretty much standard guys jostling for position in front of the net.

I believe it was an interference call?

Decent pushback effort, that 4th goal was a back breaker. Still got it within 1 though, good to see the guys keep playing hard like that.

Refs were garbage and it pisses me off way more than it should at this point, thought I'd acclimatized to the officiating on Canucks by now.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
We could also be comfortably 3-4 points in the lead for the president's trophy. One game at a time.

Realistically for that to happen we would have to win the next 4/5 on the road or 5/5. Not going to happen for any team on a long road trip. If we split the remaining games , we will be 3-4 points ahead of 9th place in west

arsmaster*

Agreed, Weber is not good enough to be a regular fixture on the PP.

Who is? Nobody.

Nobody on this teams defense should be a regular fixture. Sadly that's what we have to work with. Might as well play weber to his strength.

arsmaster*

First time I've heard someone discredit overtime goals as if they mean less than ones during "regular time"

Point remains though. Our highest paid winger is on pace for 15ish goals.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
Can someone tell me where the Penalty on Vey was when Nucks were on the PP? Completely honest question. I rewinded and rewinded and all i see is him standing there, he pushed a Wings player at one point, but that's pretty much standard guys jostling for position in front of the net.

I believe it was an interference call?

Decent pushback effort, that 4th goal was a back breaker. Still got it within 1 though, good to see the guys keep playing hard like that.

Refs were garbage and it pisses me off way more than it should at this point, thought I'd acclimatized to the officiating on Canucks by now.

I'm still puzzled by that call

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Realistically for that to happen we would have to win the next 4/5 on the road or 5/5. Not going to happen for any team on a long road trip. If we split the remaining games , we will be 3-4 points ahead of 9th place in west

And to be 3-4 points away from 9th (as you originally stated) we would pretty much have to lose every game on this 7 game road trip. We are to good of a team for that to happen.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
First time I've heard someone discredit overtime goals as if they mean less than ones during "regular time"

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned that Daniel has only three 5-on-5 goals in his last 55 games.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
^The Wings called that penalty.

The Wing (Abdelkader?) broke his stick blocking a shot but kept playing with it. When he went to bat Vey's stick aside, his own stick broke. You could distinctly hear at least two Wings screaming that his stick broke, and then the call was made, likely because the refs saw the pieces of the stick on the ice and a Canuck standing nearby. Asinine call.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Who is? Nobody.

Nobody on this teams defense should be a regular fixture. Sadly that's what we have to work with. Might as well play weber to his strength.

Except we have seen very little of those strengths so far this season from weber, especially compared to last season where he actually got that great wrist shot on net frequently.

But I agree with the rest.

Last edited:

yoss

May 25, 2011
How can reffing be so inept at an alleged professional level? They decide make **** up if they don't see a play? Similar call was made on Dorsett a couple games back, should've go for us, goes against us b/c ref assumed Dorsett broke his stick? Yet they can't make a 4min high sticking on Hansen call, an obvious hook on a virtual breakaway on Hansen but Stanton takes a nothing call that is supposedly hooking... it drives me nuts.

So so bad. A random number generator would have reffed that game better today.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
I really think you are overrating and over hyping weber here, even calling him a no brainer over bieksa, but to each his own.

They also have 1 point each, given how many points that 2nd unit has (barely any) I have not seen anything out of weber when he has had time on that unit that leads me to believe he would fix it and is a no brainer over bieksa. And im not saying bieksa is a great option either, I dont like many of our 2nd unit PP options, but I am not upset bieksa is out over weber at times.

Weber has barely gotten a chance whereas Bieksa has been a mainstay on the PP all season.

Nobody is saying that Weber is a Norris candidate, but he's 26 and has offensive tools, we just want him to get the same opportunity on the PP that Dan Hamhuis has gotten.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
I didnt' really play close attention to the game but it did seem to be highly entertaining.

Too drunk to offer cogent thoughts. Matthias should never shave that Mustache.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
The reffing was bad in general but did Hansen ever get the shaft or what? Credit to the wings who skated hard and moved the puck very well when it counted. It was just a weird game with the early start, the power failure and refs also having an off game.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Vey penalty was non existent. Wings broadcast as puzzled as anyone else.

Hansen non-call was the correct call. Horvat's stick cut him. Not relevant if a wing lifted the stick or not. Non-call on the breakaway was correct call. It was either no call or call them both. Plenty to complain about the Hansen non calls aren't the ones.

It was a poorly officiated game for both sides. It was a fast game and officials had trouble keeping up and being in position t seemed. Linesman as wellas they were cheating to get up ice.

To me the positive was they stopped the bleeding and battled back.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The reffing was bad in general but did Hansen ever get the shaft or what? Credit to the wings who skated hard and moved the puck very well when it counted. It was just a weird game with the early start, the power failure and refs also having an off game.

Yeah. :biglaugh: He was dinged up pretty good and animate about it too, thinking it was Zetterberg's stick, as did everyone.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Actually, Zetterberg grabbed his stick and lifted it. So it's still a call on Detroit, which is why the refs ignored some blatant ones on us later.

Don't know if that matters. I don't think I've ever seen a player called for lifting the opposition stick into a players face. Not sure what the ruling is on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad