Post-Game Talk: Nucks 3 Hawks 4 (SO): Hawks extend their streak, Honey Badger Don't Give A ****â„¢

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Get your facts straight, without even looking I know Kesler has a 21, 25, 22, and 41 goal season. I'm guessing you meant 30 goal seasons?

Burrows has also put up over 25 for what 4 or 5 straight years now?

Hawks have 4 elite forwards, but I take our forwards 5-12 over their's any day.

Sharks have Marleau who is proven - Couture is not, Thornton is H. Sedin with a better shot, Clowe has NO goals right now, Havlat is almost a 2/3 tweener at this point.

I agree that the Canucks are running short on players who are one shot scorers, I think Kesler is our best at this (Daniel finishes off pretty plays more than he snipes IMO).

Now for the Kings - Mike Richards isn't a prototypical 30 goal guy anymore than Kesler is, Simon Gagne is 5 years removed from his last 30 goal season, Kopitar and Carter are still legit 30 goal threats, but I definitely don't agree with you lumping Gagne and Justin Williams into a 30+ goal scoring threat team (Williams hasn't hit 30 in 8 years).

re facts, read what i wrote again

re williams & richards ... sure, whatever ...but both managed to come up with 15 pts in a 20 game run. I wonder if having scored over 30 multiple times at some point in their careers helped.?

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
also that we have no legit scoring threats at forward beyond the sedins.
D had to come up with the last 2G (and the first was a fluke)

next best forward scorers are kes, burr and booth ...all of whom have scored more than 20-something goals just once in their careers. Daniel is the only guy on this team who's done it more than once.

Hawks have 3 multi-season 30+ scoreres, and Kane is not one of them (though he's only been under 70 pts once in 5 years career.)

Sharks have 3 (not incl Pavelski & Couture)
Wings have 3 (not incl Franzen)
Kings have 5 (not incl Brown & Doughty)

it's great that we have elite goaltending, defensive depth and fast forwards, but we need more proven scorers, i am becoming more and more convinced of this.

ps, also dont get the Salo bashing. When healthy, I take him over Garrison, to this point.

Was thinking a bit about this today in relation to puck possession etc.

I too am wondering if we need that one shot finisher type.

Outside99*

They should put Hamhuis and Bieksa back together. Because he rovers a lot, it takes a special kind of dman to play with Bieksa - AFAIK, only Mitchell and Hamhuis have done so successfully.

They should also try an Edler-Tanev pairing. Though it would be weird to have a 3rd pairing with a $8.8MM cap hit - well better than TO who have $8.4MM in the press box.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Question: Have we ever seen Juice take as many slapshots as he has this year? I swear this is new for him. I like it. I like it more than the old "wrist shot off the shin pads leading to a breakaway".

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
They should put Hamhuis and Bieksa back together. Because he rovers a lot, it takes a special kind of dman to play with Bieksa - AFAIK, only Mitchell and Hamhuis have done so successfully.

They should also try an Edler-Tanev pairing. Though it would be weird to have a 3rd pairing with a $8.8MM cap hit - well better than TO who have $8.4MM in the press box.

Not a bad idea. They rely on Edler so much, it might be time to start making moves based on getting the most out of him, rather than trying to optimize lineup. Apprehensive about breaking up the Ballard-Tanev pair though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad