Proposal: NSH-TOR Saros

Marner4Life

Feb 12, 2019
If I’m doing that package I’d rather go after Paryako or another stud defenceman
I would never pay that for Paryako !
Mcmann walked out infront of the net and scored and Paryako never touched him. We already have Reilly and Brodie that allow guys to do that

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Toronto gets:
Saros

Nashville gets:
Knies
Robertson
2024 1st
2025 1st
Samsonov

Toronto would get a real run for the cup with an elite goalie whereas Nashville would get what is the rumor they are looking for if they would trade Saros.
Trading away assets Toronto doesn’t have to give. 2025 1st.

Seems a heavy price too.

Assuming that’s a 2026 1st, I’d do it as a Preds GM. Long term rebuilding move.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
If Knies is still seen as a potential top line player, that will do. If he’s not… or not likely… well… we’ve been holding out for quality more than quantity, but at least 3 decent kicks at the can would be pretty good.

I wouldn’t dial back from the OPs offer, though, and I expect that to be considered universally “outrageous”… just… outrageous is what it would take.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Toronto gets:
Saros

Nashville gets:
Knies
Robertson
2024 1st
2025 1st
Samsonov

Toronto would get a real run for the cup with an elite goalie whereas Nashville would get what is the rumor they are looking for if they would trade Saros.
Take out Knies and a 1st and then it’ll be closer.

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Saros would sink in Toronto behind that defense.

They always downplay the goalies they have and never meaningfully address the personnel problem that hurts them every year when the games actually count.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Even bluechip young goalies don't tend to return all that much, historically speaking.

Late 1st + 2nd or a higher 1st on its own is likely around it.

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
The offer was pretty much based on what has been said in the media about what the asking for Saros is. I didnt check about the -25 1st, was just an add to balance taking on Samsonov to make the cap work. :)
Anyways, wouldnt it be nice if Toronto had a great goalie wich they havent had since Potvin & Cujo days
This Belfour erasure must not stand! :P

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Personally I think Trotz could care less about the picks, what he is after is the prospect/player.

Robertson definitely doesn't move the needle and I'd question if Knies does either.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

sd1976

Mar 14, 2008
Is Josi coming too?
Toronto gets:
Saros

Nashville gets:
Knies
Robertson
2024 1st
2025 1st
Samsonov

Toronto would get a real run for the cup with a elite goalie whereas Nashville would get what is the rumor they are looking for if they would trade Saros.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Personally I think Trotz could care less about the picks, what he is after is the prospect/player.

Robertson definitely doesn't move the needle and I'd question if Knies does either.
Then what would Nashville be looking for

Sure neither are blue chip prospects/players but they are good pieces. Knies should be a 50-60 point player who has a physical edge and Robertson looks like he could be a 40+ point middle six with a good motor

I’m not sure if any team is moving a blue chip prospect for a goalie, even if it’s a need. Idk if kings send Clarke for saros, same for devils with either of nemec, Hughes.

Maybe I’m undervaluing saros or the ask for Nashville is unreasonable but idk I feel 2 solid prospects is a pretty good offer

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
If you need a goalie that bad, you will move the top prospects or picks. If not, golf courses in Toronto will be busy early, again!

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I would never pay that for Paryako !
Mcmann walked out infront of the net and scored and Paryako never touched him. We already have Reilly and Brodie that allow guys to do that
There was a time when I would have liked the Leafs to trade for Parayko at almost any cost, but that was then and this is now.

He isn't the player once was.

I probably overrated him then, anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad