Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Tanner Jeannot signs extension with the Predators (2 years, $800k AAV)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
There’s a reason he was protected in the expansion draft. It’s not because he has big offensive upside at the NHL level - but I do believe he is such a tone setter with his work ethic and physical willingness on the ice that he’s got the ability to be an important role player for a winning team. Much like Goodrow who was also a no-name “late bloomer” but just kept getting better and better. I predict a similar track for Jeannot.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
Caught a few games of his where he really stood out. Good signing, I could see him having good 3rd line upside if he develops.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Awesome deal. I think he has more offensive upside than Olivier. From what I’ve read, he’s been a leader for every team that he has gone to.

Nashville’s scouting deserves a lot of credit for finding two undrafted gems in Jeannot and Olivier that bring toughness/fighting ability on top of being effective players. Teams this summer have been looking to address that issue outside of their system at a premium price.

They lucked themselves into selecting L'Heureux late in the first as well. Fantastic job by them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad