Claimed off Waivers: [NSH] Predators claim F Liam Foudy off waivers from the Blue Jackets

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Would be interesting to see if any other teams behind Nashville in the order put in a claim as well

Reactions: Morrison

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Exactly. This may not be a good thing for other waiver exempt forwards like Tomasino or Evangelista who might get sent down to “over cook” as Trotz says.
With Schenn going on IR I don't think we will need to move anyone down.

Either way I'm good with trying to find something out there especially when it costs you nothing. This season is about the future so I'm good with finding it.

We have several bottom 6 guys but a couple of them may not be back as they will be UFA's so nothing wrong with trying to find a guy that might fight it just as well.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
With Schenn going on IR I don't think we will need to move anyone down.

Either way I'm good with trying to find something out there especially when it costs you nothing. This season is about the future so I'm good with finding it.

We have several bottom 6 guys but a couple of them may not be back as they will be UFA's so nothing wrong with trying to find a guy that might fight it just as well.
15F/6D is not going to be sustainable, however. An immediate move is not necessary, but eventually a forward will be dropped. It is either going to be a waiver exempt guy (Evangelista, Tomasino), or they haven't liked Fagemo enough in practices and he goes back to LA, or maybe at a stretch Sherwood gets waived. Foudy seems most redundant with Sherwood if anybody. But if they just want to stockpile assets, then putting Tomasino or Evangelista in Milwaukee is the no-loss solution. :(

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
15F/6D is not going to be sustainable, however. An immediate move is not necessary, but eventually a forward will be dropped. It is either going to be a waiver exempt guy (Evangelista, Tomasino), or they haven't liked Fagemo enough in practices and he goes back to LA, or maybe at a stretch Sherwood gets waived. Foudy seems most redundant with Sherwood if anybody. But if they just want to stockpile assets, then putting Tomasino or Evangelista in Milwaukee is the no-loss solution. :(
Play better and you won't get sent back down. Tomasino has had his shot and done nothing, that's on him at this point.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Meanwhile, their other waiver claim, Samuel Fagemo has yet to play?
That has since changed as Samuel Fagemo got into his first contest with the Preds scoring the first goal of the game with a huge wrister that was uncontested by the defense, the goalie (Blackwood) never stood a chance.

Reactions: uncleben

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
So they are waiving Mccarron?
Too many Fs
I don't believe they'll waive McCarron this year. He's considered to be a popular locker-room guy, plus has size they can fill in at 4th line C. He may not play a lot of games, but I would suspect he'll stay up, it's easy to keep him around as a 14th F instead of a younger guy who needs to play.

Instead, it seems likely that as soon as the team is fully healthy, Phil Tomasino is the odd man out. Since he's waiver-exempt, it will be easier to send him back to the AHL. Kind of an unlucky break for Tomasino, since he wasn't really alone in a group of forwards that needed to show more, but he's the one they scratched first and then proceeded to have two nice wins without him, while Sherwood and Evanglista both had great games last night to salvage their spots.

For now with Glass and Schenn hurt they may not NEED to make a move, but it would be highly unusual to carry 15F/6D for much longer, and Tomasino is your best bet as most likely to be demoted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad