Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Pekka Rinne extended (2 years, $5M AAV)

chokei

Dec 31, 2011
Zürich
Another great contract on Nashville. The perspective to play for a cup contender during those $5mil years has certainly helped.

That said, the most ridiculous contract on Nashville IMO is still Josi for $4mil - the last few seasons, this season, and even the next one too.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
If I'm a Nashville fan, I"m thrilled with the length and amount (money) of this deal.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Lmao I never referenced Price vs Rinne? I just said it was a good signing by the Preds. Only two years at a reasonable cap.

Sorry I was directing my comment at the previous poster who had argued that RInne was better than Price at half the cost and the subsequent rebuttal from hab fan

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
Wtf!
Every time I open a Preds signing thread a tear forms in my right eye.
Why can’t my GM get these sweetheart deals

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Thought it would've been something like 3 yrs x 5 mil, but I was expecting something along the lines of this deal - basically lower AAV to give Nashville a better chance of winning the cup as a starter, just thought it would've been an extra year to still get paid.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Not sure why people are surprised at the number, he's signing for his age 37 and 38 seasons. He also showed huge signs of slowing down last year, so chances are he's only playing like half the games those years. Anyone thinking he'd get 7-8 was out of their mind.

cynicalcitizen

Feb 6, 2014
Not sure why people are surprised at the number, he's signing for his age 37 and 38 seasons. He also showed huge signs of slowing down last year, so chances are he's only playing like half the games those years. Anyone thinking he'd get 7-8 was out of their mind.
Barely won that Vezina.

Reactions: jonlin

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
They aligned it just right for the expansion draft and also with Saros’ RFA contract expiring.

Solid deal.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Barely won that Vezina.

I assume this is a sarcastic response directed at my comment that he slowed down last year? A response where you deliberately ignore that he had a .904 sv% and a 3.07 GAA in the post-season? So he had a good regular season but towards the end he... how would one put that... played less good?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I assume this is a sarcastic response directed at my comment that he slowed down last year? A response where you deliberately ignore that he had a .904 sv% and a 3.07 GAA in the post-season? So he had a good regular season but towards the end he... how would one put that... played less good?

He played less good in one game. Granted that was a really important game but go back and look at some of those goals in the playoffs. No goalie is stopping those.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
That sv% and GAA was a direct reflection of how crappy the team played in front of him. He got hung completely out to dry...alot

cynicalcitizen

Feb 6, 2014
No need to assume. I can confirm that for you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad