Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Pekka Rinne extended (2 years, $5M AAV)

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
Seattle can pick him... doesn't mean Rinne has to report ;) Then why pick him?

Rinne gets his security for 2 years and he gives Poile the chance to protect Saros

Smart.
Yeah I was gonna say if it somehow leaked out that Rinne is going to retire if Seattle picks him, Poile will have an easier time making a side deal to keep Rinne if he waives to protect Saros. You know Poile already has a plan.

Reactions: PredsV82

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Cups? lol When did Rinne win the stanley cup?

Stats? Well if you exclude the fact that Rinne was playing behind Josi, Subban, Ekholm and Ellis, and Price was playing behind players like Alzner, Benn and Schlemko, then sure.

Not a cup, but they've got two banners! That both say the same thing!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

cut.jpg
cut.jpg

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Like this contract for Nashville. Pretty damn good AAV and term. Should get some value out of him.

Might be in the minority here but I would of waited to see how he performs in the playoffs this year before signing him. If he stunk again I think I would just move on.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Then very quickly disappeared in the playoffs.

That's still a lot of money for a rapidly aging goalie. They're voodoo and I don't trust them.

Ok, last year he wasn't bad aside from his truly horrendous breakdown in that last game and the year before that he had a 1.96 GAA and .930Sv% in 22 games so...

Just because someone doesn't win the cup doesn't mean they're chokers. Remember when people said Ovie was considered a choker despite being close to PPG in the post-season?

Luckily Saros is only making 1.5 for the next three years so we'll only be spending 6.5 on both.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
It is right what people say about taxes in Nashville.
Those 5M become 7M after tax, I guess.

Good deal. I thought he would sign for 4 year, but it being 8M, 8M, 3M, 1M or something like that...

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
In case no one mentioned it elsewhere...

7 years ago today, Rinne signed a 7 year extension, and that night had a shutout.

Now he signs another extension, and has another shutout.

I suspect that's an odd little factoid that hasn't happened before or will again any time soon

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
If Rinne decides to be an asshole and refuse to waive his NMC, Seattle gets Saros. Probably won't happen, but you never know.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
LOL and crazy people told me he was going to sign for north of 8.
Strange it's 5X2. I thought he'd actually get more than 2 years for only 5M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad