Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Pekka Rinne extended (2 years, $5M AAV)

cashinstinct

Cash is King
Jul 2, 2014
giphy.gif

Reactions: Eb and McNurse

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
cheap. he definitely took a discount. elite goalies can play good even in their late 30's. he could have easily gotten 7.

Reactions: A91

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
So what will the Preds do for the expansion draft? Giving Rinne a NMC at his age seems really dumb
Im sure Rinne would be willing to waive considering the fact that theres no way an expansion team would want a 37 year old goalie with one year left.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Solid deal for the Preds, takes him to the assumed end of his shelf life at a fully workable cap hit. Even if he ends up as a 1B in a 1A/1B situation he is highly serviceable in both skill and contract. Solid signing by Nashville. Management there continues to be one of the best in the game.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Wow... this is an amazing deal for the Preds. Great term and that AAV is about 60-65% of what it should be.

:clap:

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Im sure Rinne would be willing to waive considering the fact that theres no way an expansion team would want a 37 year old goalie with one year left.

It depends on what else is available for goaltending and what other assets are available on Nashville. If I'm Seattle I'd much rather have 1 year of Rinne to try and catch magic like Vegas did and build a fanbase, than a forward HOWEVER if they protect 4 D like they did last time, Nashville probably is going to have players like Turris, Fiala, Sissons, Tolvanen available. So it probably wouldn't be Rinne anyways. And a couple of those options might be better to build around.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Good term, good hit...Just another Poile signing. What a great job he's done managing that club.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Well I guessed 3 years $18 million. This is a bargain for the Vezina trophy winner with awesome term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad