Proposal: NSH/OTT/TOR

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Pass from NAS too. Karlsson may or may not rebound to his top form, but Preds already have Josi in the Karlsson style, and need to keep Subban's physicality and agitating ability on the D more than add another pmd. And Bonino is a perfect fit on 3rd line C. Like the NAS perspective matters much here with all the other complaints. But there it is. :)

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
I never made the proposal. I was just jumping in because I have been reading that nonsense for a few weeks and I felt like finally challenging it. I would prefer they kept him rather than going all in on a D already in their primes when the core of the team is in their early 20's.

Apologies for jumping at you.

If Leaf fans are tired/frustrated with Zaitsev's value being belittled and Nylander being offered in every trade proposal, then you can surely sympathize with Sens fans being tired of every team in the NHL trying to pry away our captain and potentially best player of our franchises history for what seems like peanuts/lesser value. Also, 90%+ of trade proposals with Karlsson included don't really take into account the Sens actual needs and considers our internal budget.

kindalaidback

숨 참고 LOVE DIVE
Nov 24, 2017
NYC
True. I'm starting to think of just blocking anyone that puts him in a trade without a proven #1 defenseman/center under the age of 23 coming back.

Tired of talking about how stupid it would be to trade him in general.
agreed. i don't even bother anymore and tend to ignore proposals or dumb comments on our board. and why should we waste our time explaining to them why trading him would come back biting us in the ass. there are other things i'd rather do.

personally, i don't wanna trade him for anyone. william has shown only a little of what he is capable of doing, and there is so much raw talent and skill-- somehow, leaf fans can't see that. it's kinda sad.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
agreed. i don't even bother anymore and tend to ignore proposals or dumb comments on our board. and why should we waste our time explaining to them why trading him would come back biting us in the ass. there are other things i'd rather do.

personally, i don't wanna trade him for anyone. william has shown only a little of what he is capable of doing, and there is so much raw talent and skill-- somehow, leaf fans can't see that. it's kinda sad.

Yeah. Well I have a list of players that I would trade him for, but the reason they're all on that list is because it'd be laughable for the other team to do it (McDavid, Barkov, Scheifele, Jones, etc)

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
How bout if the sens added pageau to toronto and the leafs added kapanen and another 1st and take off borgman/rasamen/bracco?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Apologies for jumping at you.

If Leaf fans are tired/frustrated with Zaitsev's value being belittled and Nylander being offered in every trade proposal, then you can surely sympathize with Sens fans being tired of every team in the NHL trying to pry away our captain and potentially best player of our franchises history for what seems like peanuts/lesser value. Also, 90%+ of trade proposals with Karlsson included don't really take into account the Sens actual needs and considers our internal budget.

I get it.. I am a Leaf fan, I have been in your shoes wayyy too many times. The whole Kessel thing for example, overpaying for him in the first place and then having him both be shit on for not being valuable enough AND being shit on for not getting more value at the time.

It's not fun when your franchise player and someone you've come to really like and grow attached to has their future in the air. You don't want to detach yourself from them because you want to believe they will stay and help lead you to a cup, but you don't want to attach yourself TOO much in case they leave.

And that becomes tiring, always dealing with that. I get it.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
200.gif

You realize his rookie year he put up 36 points right? He went PPG at the worlds. Babcock, as he did with Rielly when everyone said the same thing, forced him into intense shutdown minutes which limited his offensive opportunity. On top of that, as previously mentioned, he was injured and in and out of the lineup.

It's obvious you have no idea about the player you are talking about, and are going off the the typical over reactions we see here. Zaitsev is not some stud #1 D, but he is a solid 2nd pairing D who plays the right side and can put up 30+ points while being relied on in his own zone. His entire of body of work points to that. If you want to only look at the one small slice of that, then you are looking for evidence to match your preconceived opinions, and not actually looking at the facts.
Add in the fact that was 36 even strength points... he doesn't get any PP time at all. Some people just love regurgitate some BS someone else said instead of actually watching the player play. I'm sure they jumped on hockeydb took a look at his point total for this year and thought he must suck offensively...

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Counter offer

Toronto - Karlsson
Ottawa - 25 million, 3 year supply of hot dogs and 1 thanos glove for bobby Ryan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad