Confirmed Trade: [NSH/OTT/COL] Duchene to OTT, Turris to NSH, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Bowers Girard Hammond Kamenev to COL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Sure, that's your POV, but not mine.

Both are correct.
To be fair, the Turris+ for Duchene trade did happen first. Sakic was told to flip Turris himself. Sakic was smart not to do the trade until he had a deal with Nashville, he probably wouldn't have gotten full value for Turris if he was forced to trade him.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
To be fair, the Turris+ for Duchene trade did happen first. Sakic was told to flip Turris himself. Sakic was smart not to do the trade until he had a deal with Nashville, he probably wouldn't have gotten full value for Turris if he was forced to trade him.
Actually, Joe rejected to trade for Turris and then have to flip him. He said it wouldn't be fair to Turris.

So Dorion had to find and get the acceptable return for Sakic beforehand.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Why are people assuming Turris was never signing with Ottawa? It's seems quite obvious to me that Dorion was stalling negotiations with Turris while he was shopping him in order to get Duchene. Had Duchene been traded to another team, I guarantee you Turris would have signed the next day, probably 6x6 like he got in Nashville.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Why are people assuming Turris was never signing with Ottawa? It's seems quite obvious to me that Dorion was stalling negotiations with Turris while he was shopping him in order to get Duchene. Had Duchene been traded to another team, I guarantee you Turris would have signed the next day, probably 6x6 like he got in Nashville.
well he said we wanted an 8 yr deal so 6x6 is out of the question.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
well he said we wanted an 8 yr deal so 6x6 is out of the question.

8? I thought it was 7. Besides, Ottawa never even offered 6 so how can you say 6x6 was out of the question? Do you understand how negotiations work?

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Ottawa offered 5, Turris asked for 7 or 8.

Neither mentioned 6.

Seems like neither was completely interested in the other, unless they got the ideal contract.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
A potentially very good haul for Sakic. Not sure they'll get a Lindros trades worth of mileage out of this return but there is promise.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
A potentially very good haul for Sakic. Not sure they'll get a Lindros trades worth of mileage out of this return but there is promise.
For that to happen, Girard(the main piece in the trade for the Avs) will have to win few Norris trophies LOL....not happening, this isn't anything like the Lindros trade

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
A lindros return? What?
Oye.
A comparison to the type of return they got when they dealt Lindros. Guess i better explain that too. The return (Quebec at the time) received for Lindros was mostly the potential of the picks and prospects.
Therefore there is a similarity to what the return they(Colorado this time but still the same franchise) got from Duchene which is the potential of the picks and prospects.
Those picks and prospects have potential as did the picks and prospects Quebec returned for Lindros.
Hope it's clear enough now,not that it should have been difficult to understand the gist of the original.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I love the deal. A top 20 C for a bunch of magic beans and a pending free agent?

Easy deal to make

Oh, this is what Duchene is now? What happened to all of the analysis of Duchene's play you were making before Duchene was a Senator?

Again Landeskog is the guy we need not soft perimeter player like Duchene

Duchene is vastly overrated. Hes not worth the price. Not to mention we blew all our assets for Ryan and that one has blown up in our face.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/128148903/

People need to stop about Duchene.

2. Does anyone watch him? He's a perimeter player that doesn't go to the dirty areas. Soft. That sort of garbage doesn't help you win come playoff time

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/133955833/

So...he's gone from soft, overrated, perimeter player, a type whose "garbage" playstyle doesn't win in the playoffs, to a "top 20 centre." What, because he changed jerseys?

Last edited:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Oye.
A comparison to the type of return they got when they dealt Lindros. Guess i better explain that too. The return (Quebec at the time) received for Lindros was mostly the potential of the picks and prospects.
Therefore there is a similarity to what the return they(Colorado this time but still the same franchise) got from Duchene which is the potential of the picks and prospects.
Those picks and prospects have potential as did the picks and prospects Quebec returned for Lindros.
Hope it's clear enough now,not that it should have been difficult to understand the gist of the original.
But none of those picks have Forsberg's potential. He was a 6th OA pick. The highest pick they receive is late 1rst. Not saying they wont ever become superstars, these picks, but very unlikely. A bag of magic beans, unlike Forsberg.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Oh, this is what Duchene is now? What happened to all of the analysis of Duchene's play you were making before Duchene was a Senator?

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/128148903/

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/133955833/

So...he's gone from soft, overrated, perimeter player, a type whose "garbage" playstyle doesn't win in the playoffs, to a "top 20 centre." What, because he changed jerseys?
HF boards at their finest. Your player sucks, my player is amazing. Doesnt change when they are talking about the same player lmao.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
But none of those picks have Forsberg's potential. He was a 6th OA pick. The highest pick they receive is late 1rst. Not saying they wont ever become superstars, these picks, but very unlikely. A bag of magic beans, unlike Forsberg.
Not that it really matters( as in, besides the point) but Duchene is no Lindros either

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
For that to happen, Girard(the main piece in the trade for the Avs) will have to win few Norris trophies LOL....not happening, this isn't anything like the Lindros trade

Well, also, Duchene would need to be Lindros. It’s Lindros trade lite. We won’t feel it’s impact for 25 years but I’d bet in ten years it’s still going.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad