Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Fabbro to sign with Preds

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Not pushing a narrative here, and fully understanding he's a kid with no experience, does he become a a replacement that fills in for a D man that Nash moves for a (presumable) F upgrade, or does Fabbro become a chip in a trade? Or does Nashville just stand pat and add him to the team and further the depth?

He should be exempt in ED. Nashville has 4 Dmen to protect so I see them moving one then Fabbro replace them.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
You hate a rule that allows a person to dictate their life instead of becoming property for a team/city they have no interest in living/playing?

Why should NCAA players have more freedom of choice than those who choose other development leagues, like in .europe or the CHL? Although which NCAA players, that became UFAs, have really been difference makers? If a guy needs the full four years to develop, he’s going to be average at best.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
yes, other players dont have that option and it is detrimental to teams drafting options that certain players can just decide to ignore the draft after a few years
what about a prospect not signing then re-entering the draft then not signing with their new team?

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I thought Tolvanen was the younger forward that all of Nashville has been waiting for?
Why not have more than 1? After tolvanen and pitlick our forwards prospect group is weak. Meanwhile 2/3 of the defense group is solidified and allard has looked good in the ahl and third pairing dmen aren’t terribly hard to find. So if fabbro can go into the 2nd pairing role in the next year or so we should look into trading either subban or Ellis for the best package we can get. I’d prefer forward and defensive prospects that would be expansion draft exempt and maybe a third pairing filler d to even out the contact caps some

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
You hate a rule that allows a person to dictate their life instead of becoming property for a team/city they have no interest in living/playing?
I definitely do. It creates a double standard between development paths. A junior player doesn't have that option, European players don't have that option. In fact I don't like that a player from Europe can play in the AHL 2 years before a junior player can. I don't mind the idea of giving the college player the opportunity to finish their schooling before signing a pro contract, and I would support the idea of having a set number of "underage" spots on AHL rosters that could be used for Euros, college or junior players. As for the becoming property for team/city, in professional sports all players drafted have that issue, why should a college hockey player that chooses not to sign get an advantage over all other north American pro sports?

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
I do, unless they got their degree in Playing Professional Hockey in the NHL Studies. Then they're kinda screwed.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I definitely do. It creates a double standard between development paths. A junior player doesn't have that option, European players don't have that option. In fact I don't like that a player from Europe can play in the AHL 2 years before a junior player can. I don't mind the idea of giving the college player the opportunity to finish their schooling before signing a pro contract, and I would support the idea of having a set number of "underage" spots on AHL rosters that could be used for Euros, college or junior players. As for the becoming property for team/city, in professional sports all players drafted have that issue, why should a college hockey player that chooses not to sign get an advantage over all other north American pro sports?
Every player has the option
There rights do eventually expire after x # of years, regardless of CHL/NCAA/Europe

Reactions: SuperJoe

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Any chance the preds just don’t play him at all this season?

Then he is exempt from Vegas expansion draft right?

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Poile said earlier this week that he'll get a chance to play for sure.

Could be as soon as Friday in Pittsburgh or Saturday vs. Columbus.

Nice. happy he didn’t do the NCAA bs and go to UFA. I’ve always liked the Preds and Fabbro looked pretty good for team canada a few years back. For him it’s smart to sign now too and burn a year of ELC

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Really hope he develops with us, I knew why we had to trade Seth Jones cause that was when freaking Mike Ribeiro was our #1 center lol, but hopefully we can keep Fabbro for the long run. We are usually really good at developing defenseman. Glad Poile was able to keep him and Tolvanen (Even though Eeli has been a bit disappointing in the AHL, but honestly the whole Admirals team has been)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad