Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Fabbro to sign with Preds

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Great news for the Preds. I'm not a big fan of the 4th year college free agent loop-hole so I'm glad it didn't come down to that. As a Canuck fan the thought of getting a player like Fabbro as a free agent had me day dreaming a little but glad this worked out the way it did for Nashville.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I am actually surprised. I honestly was assuming he would go the distance at BU and become a UFA. VERY good news for Preds!!!

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Not pushing a narrative here, and fully understanding he's a kid with no experience, does he become a a replacement that fills in for a D man that Nash moves for a (presumable) F upgrade, or does Fabbro become a chip in a trade? Or does Nashville just stand pat and add him to the team and further the depth?

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
So much for the "he's waiting it out to go to Vancouver narrative."
Preds d is stacked....

Not sure where everyone fits, obviously a good problem to have... where does Subban fit into all of this...? 4 x 9mill left... do Preds fans think there will be an appetite to deal him in the offseason?

As a Canucks fan, Canucks are pathetic on the right hand side and a player like Subban could go a long way to making the Canucks a solid team.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Not pushing a narrative here, and fully understanding he's a kid with no experience, does he become a a replacement that fills in for a D man that Nash moves for a (presumable) F upgrade, or does Fabbro become a chip in a trade? Or does Nashville just stand pat and add him to the team and further the depth?
Hopefully he's at least #4 capable and enables us to move Subban or Ellis for other assets (my preference is for a younger forward and some prospects/picks). We can't seem to come to a consensus on whether he will be eligible for the expansion draft if he plays this year (there is no slide rule due to his age, just the question of what is considered a year of "professional service" for expansion draft purposes--my assumption is 1 game in that season).

Reactions: Starat327

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hopefully he's at least #4 capable and enables us to move Subban or Ellis for other assets (my preference is for a younger forward and some prospects/picks). We can't seem to come to a consensus on whether he will be eligible for the expansion draft if he plays this year (there is no slide rule due to his age, just the question of what is considered a year of "professional service" for expansion draft purposes--my assumption is 1 game in that season).
Andrew Copp of the Jets played through to his junior year with Michigan back in the 14-15 season. He has a pre septcutoff birthday which should be the point in which their age is determined. Signed with the jets after his junior year and played just 1 game. Spent the next 2 season between the A and NHL.

Just google his name to see his age and experience. Jets protected him in the Vegas ED. Everything for Fabbro seems to lineup with Copp.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I wouldn't set my expectations too high yet - for me we have a LOT of room to improve our 3rd pair, and if he can play there next year, then I'll be satisfied. Being good enough to play top-4 and let us trade Ellis or Subban would be a little too much to ask for... if it happened, wow, bonus, but I don't think I can pencil that in as any kind of expectation. Just having a 3rd pair D who could play more than 12 minutes a night, fill in higher during injury issues, and with upside to EVENTUALLY grow into a top-4 D, that's all I'd ask for. Even if we trade Ellis or Subban for other assets, I would think we have to find another stopgap on D for the short-term. Fabbro would really have to dazzle in whatever scarce amount of time he has in this season's cameo to provide additional rationale on the Subban/Ellis trade front.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016

I don’t think Nashville even knows, I think they’ll play him in the ahl next year and reevaluate where the team is at and where Fabbro’s at around next years trade deadline.

Reactions: joestevens29

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
He realized he could be making mad coin now and not in a year. Happy for Preds after that Vesey debacle.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Only when it came to Benning bro Canucks fans. Pushing the agenda because he’s from BC.
I think it came Up only because rick dhawiwal tweeted something about him possibly not signing which was nonsense. The only first round pick that ever went the ncaa free agent route was Kevin Hayes when he opted not to sign with Chicago. But when you dig into his stats in his senior year he put up as many points as his freshman to junior years combined. He didn’t do much offensively until his senior year.

First rounds can normally play in the nhl within 1-3 years so they won’t be staying the full term.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
So if Fabbro plays this season in the ahl or nhl does he have to be protected for the Seattle expansion draft? Do we have a definite answer?

Reactions: Luckylarry

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I think it came Up only because rick dhawiwal tweeted something about him possibly not signing which was nonsense. The only first round pick that ever went the ncaa free agent route was Kevin Hayes when he opted not to sign with Chicago. But when you dig into his stats in his senior year he put up as many points as his freshman to junior years combined. He didn’t do much offensively until his senior year.

First rounds can normally play in the nhl within 1-3 years so they won’t be staying the full term.
Blake Wheeler? Kyle Turris?

There's also a few 2nd/3rd rounder in Schultz, Butcher, Vesey, Butcher, etc. Wasn't Gardiner traded from Anaheim because he didn't want to sign too?

Last edited:

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007

I thought Tolvanen was the younger forward that all of Nashville has been waiting for?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Blake Wheeler? Kyle Turris?

There's also a few 2nd/3rd rounder in Schultz, Butcher, Vesey, Butcher, etc. Wasn't Gardiner traded from Anaheim because he didn't want to sign too?
Forgot about wheeler. Turris was signed by Arizona and played for them.

Gardiner, the ducks had a deal in place with Toronto and were prepared to send either Gardiner or Schultz.

Reactions: jfhabs

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
So if Fabbro plays this season in the ahl or nhl does he have to be protected for the Seattle expansion draft? Do we have a definite answer?
Avs might have missed the boat on this one. Fabbro will need to be protected. I’m not a huge fan of this player so I don’t think it really matters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad