Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] F Cole Smith signs extension with the Predators (1 year, $775k)

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
He has been a solid contributor for the Preds. Nobody expected him to make the team, and we've occasionally been mystified by Hynes' tendency to put him on higher lines than he ought to be, but regardless of all that he has proven himself to be a solid and reliable 4th liner. Getting him on a league-minimum deal is perfect.
:thumbu:

cool beans

I didn't know
Jul 8, 2022
He has been a solid contributor for the Preds. Nobody expected him to make the team, and we've occasionally been mystified by Hynes' tendency to put him on higher lines than he ought to be, but regardless of all that he has proven himself to be a solid and reliable 4th liner. Getting him on a league-minimum deal is perfect.
:thumbu:
Worth every penny. And it’s only for one year. Hate to say it, but he’s earned it 100%

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I got no issues with this. He's the ideal bottom line player, on a bottom dollar deal, and on as short of a deal as we can give him. I don't think any Preds fans will be upset with this, assuming he stays where he should in the lineup, but if he starts to wander higher then it's just confirmation of bigger issues.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It is interesting to see teams getting these sort of league minimum or near-minimum deals done for guys who fit what they are looking for.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad