Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] D Dante Fabbro signs extension with the Predators (1 year, $2.5M)

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
This could still spell an off season trade as the team would know the seasons cost certainly around him. 1 year deal doesn't scream off the market to me.
Kind of a prove your worth contract. Need to see him be worth a longer extension or a reason to move him next trade deadline.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
This could still spell an off season trade as the team would know the seasons cost certainly around him. 1 year deal doesn't scream off the market to me.

Yeah. This looks to me like the sort of deal you come to if you can't agree on "value". Where you can either use it as an extended audition to prove he's worth a bigger longer-term deal, or to give you an asset that is cheap and easier to trade than an RFA with uncertain contract demands.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yeah. This looks to me like the sort of deal you come to if you can't agree on "value". Where you can either use it as an extended audition to prove he's worth a bigger longer-term deal, or to give you an asset that is cheap and easier to trade than an RFA with uncertain contract demands.
It's good for Fabbro too cause you don't really want to try and negotiate a long term deal with what happened this season.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Assuming Fabbro regains some form but doesn't explode offensively next season, what would the ask from Nashville be?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Assuming Fabbro regains some form but doesn't explode offensively next season, what would the ask from Nashville be?
I don't think he needs to regain "form"... just needs a coach that will play him in the top-4 where he belongs. He will never "explode offensively" either IMO. Preds already have Barrie and Carrier on RD, and there's no question they are more offensively-inclined than he is, so he'll always be the guy hanging back and being responsible.

But if for some godforsaken reason the Preds don't fire Hynes this summer, there's not too much point in keeping him. Just find the best offer, hopefully a 1st, if not then a suitable change of scenery swap, if not then a 2nd+Prospect. I cannot see going any lower than that. :dunno:

Reactions: Soundgarden

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad