Confirmed Trade: [NSH/ARI] Emil Pettersson for Laurent Dauphin & Adam Helewka

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Ya who would want that Duchene guy, 51 points in 45 games. What a deadbeat!
Hoffman was amazing talent and still is, but was traded by Ottawa for peanuts. Talent is great, but sometimes guys are a problem in the locker room. Not saying Duchene is, but damn is colorado ever doing good since he left without adding anything really, and now Ottawa is the worst team in the league since acquiring him. I am just saying I do not want a guy with that track record when trying to win a cup.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Lol Chakya with his signature style of trade.
Remember years ago when the Coyotes traded for every former CHL hot prospect that piled up a bunch of points in juniors? This feels a lot like that, except it's "I'm going to go after anyone who might be related to a guy who's currently a really good player, on the off chance the sibling might somehow also get really, really good, history be damned."

And then some people wonder why that franchise never finally gets out of the league basement.

Wasn't Dauphin a pretty highly touted prospect once?
I remember a self-proclaimed quasi-expert on prospects Blues fan wetting himself repeatedly at the thought of getting Dauphin years ago. [Also had a major thing for Dalton Thrower, and a few others I could probably name given a little time.] Guy just gushed over and over about how Dauphin was a lock to be a future NHL star, and the Blues needed to make whatever moves necessary to snap him up or they'd regret it for years to come.

I never got the hype about the guy. Decent player, had some skill, but I never saw "future NHL star" by any means. I barely saw "serviceable NHL player for a few years."

That would be Kylie. Who is a genius. She is worth $900 million and has been predicted to become the youngest billionaire. You don't do that while being stupid.
No, but you can do it when you're semi-smart and the world is full of unintelligent, gullible people trying to live vicariously through someone else.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Golfed with Dauphin and his dad once in AZ. Real nice kid. Very french. Didn't have to many good things to say about the Coyotes so I hope he gets a crack at it in Nashville.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Emil isn't too bad actually, he's soft as hell, but he has some skill, and skates decently. Wouldn't be surprised if he's another Coyotes' reclamation project and we see some of him in the NHL this season.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Just don’t get why the coyotes do this trade. Both guys we got are younger and both have better numbers in ahl. Hey, I’ll take it,

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Ha, Taipei here. Beijing is on my wishlist, but I'll have to wait a bit before feeling comfortable visiting the mainland.
Just moved here 3 weeks ago. Was living and working in Shanghai in the 3 years prior to that. Beijing’s Air Quality isn’t nearly as bad as bad as people make it out to be. The Air Quality has improved Significantly since 2017 apparently. The drivers here are off the charts terrible however, haha.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
If he couldn't crack Arizona's lineup I don't see him doing the same in Nashville.
He's a depth move.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Emil isn't too bad actually, he's soft as hell, but he has some skill, and skates decently. Wouldn't be surprised if he's another Coyotes' reclamation project and we see some of him in the NHL this season.

I see more of a trade with Vancouver.

Kind of a three-way, just in two particles.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Just don’t get why the coyotes do this trade. Both guys we got are younger and both have better numbers in ahl. Hey, I’ll take it,

1) Dauphin hasn't really gotten a shot in AZ despite the team being ravaged by injury.
2) Dauphin is no longer exempt from waivers
3) with emergence of Garland and continued development of prospects like Merkley and Hayton there likely isn't a spot on the main roster available next season
4) AZ has been up against the max contracts for essentially the entire season and need roster flexibility to sign college free agents and/or make waiver claims or trade draft pick for players deadline deals.

Reactions: maplepred

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Just moved here 3 weeks ago. Was living and working in Shanghai in the 3 years prior to that. Beijing’s Air Quality isn’t nearly as bad as bad as people make it out to be. The Air Quality has improved Significantly since 2017 apparently. The drivers here are off the charts terrible however, haha.
See, I've read about poor air quality in Taiwan, but honestly haven't noticed anything myself. That's really cool, I may PM you with some questions. This is my first time in Asia and I want to make it my home for the next year or so.

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad