Boston Bruins Now What?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
American Thanksgiving has come and gone and your Boston Bruins are among the elite in the National Hockey League.

Safe to say the post SCF loss hangover has not bitten this team. They came out of the gate firing and even the rough patches have produced points.

So now what? What would you like to see from them the rest of the regular season?

Given that this isn’t a flash in the pan team, I’m not afraid of the Presidents’ Trophy.

Pastrnak hitting the 50 goal mark would be cool, but it’s low on the lost for me.

Biggest concerns are getting Bergeron healthy, managing Rask’s workload, and seeing what you have in the system that can chip in as far as tertiary roles.

Reactions: McGarnagle

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
1. Home ice throughout.
2. Good habits.
3. Stay healthy.
4. Eye on the real prize.
5. Play the **** out of Halak.

File it under “cross that bridge when we come to it”, but would this extend to giving him a start in Round 1 to keep him sharp in case you decide to go back to him later in the tournament?

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Get lucky, stay healthy, and win the cup. Bruins have proven they are elite, but luck and health are two things this team needs to win the cup. Perhaps a second line right wing.

This is the cores last best chance in my opinion.They will be good next year too, but father time has to catch up eventually. The Bruins have been remarkably lucky with the durability of their core players.

Reactions: Spooner st

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Not to be chicken little but we saw what a lack of consistent secondary scoring cost this team last postseason. Would like an add at the deadline for a Krejci winger.

Reactions: Spooner st

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
American Thanksgiving has come and gone and your Boston Bruins are among the elite in the National Hockey League.

Safe to say the post SCF loss hangover has not bitten this team. They came out of the gate firing and even the rough patches have produced points.

So now what? What would you like to see from them the rest of the regular season?

Given that this isn’t a flash in the pan team, I’m not afraid of the Presidents’ Trophy.

Pastrnak hitting the 50 goal mark would be cool, but it’s low on the lost for me.

Biggest concerns are getting Bergeron healthy, managing Rask’s workload, and seeing what you have in the system that can chip in as far as tertiary roles.
Bergy healthy is my #1, team health overall #2, still haven`t seen this edition of the Bruins healthy

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Get lucky, stay healthy, and win the cup. Bruins have proven they are elite, but luck and health are two things this team needs to win the cup. Perhaps a second line right wing.

This is the cores last best chance in my opinion.They will be good next year too, but father time has to catch up eventually. The Bruins have been remarkably lucky with the durability of their core players.

I think that ship has sailed and that last season was the last, best chance for the current core. What are the odds that Boston avoids both Tampa (which, granted, is not playing well up to now) and Washington in the playoffs? Will Bergeron be healthy enough to be effective for the rest of the season and the playoffs? What if the first line lays another egg in the playoffs?

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I think that ship has sailed and that last season was the last, best chance for the current core. What are the odds that Boston avoids both Tampa (which, granted, is not playing well up to now) and Washington in the playoffs? Will Bergeron be healthy enough to be effective for the rest of the season and the playoffs? What if the first line lays another egg in the playoffs?

Washington is who I am concerned about. Tampa is a mess and rumors their locker room is fractured will affect them in the postseason.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
You mean only getting to game 7 in the finals?

I totally understand the point of the above, but relevant to this year, IMO they can’t go into the playoffs without adding to the top 6.

This team is playing great, but you’ve got to wonder how long will Chara and to a lesser extent Krejci play at this level?

They need to take advantage of what they have going this year and get that top 6 guy!

Last edited:
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I'd like to see all the young guys take a step forward -- Bjork, Kuhlman, Gryz, Mac, Carlo. Maybe something positive from Ritchie.

Other than that, just stay healthy.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I totally understand the point of the above, but relevant to this year, IMO they can’t go into the playoffs without adding to the top 6.

This team is playing great, but you’ve got to wonder how long will Chara and to a lesser extent Krejci play at this level?

They need to take advantage of what they have going this year and
get that top 6 guy!

Maybe they can get a John Druce playoff run out of someone.

Could be more likely than finding a deal for that elusive top 6 guy.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
File it under “cross that bridge when we come to it”, but would this extend to giving him a start in Round 1 to keep him sharp in case you decide to go back to him later in the tournament?

i go back and forth on this, and I’ve been thinking about it often lately. Halak has been playing at starter level since he got here, and when he’s playing his best he forces Rask to do the same.

I’m just not sure if the playoffs are the time to screw with it. Lately i lean toward giving Halak a game early. The biggest con i can think of is that Halak has a bad game...but Rask is just as susceptible to that anyway.

Dreghorn2

He's a Good Boy!
Feb 8, 2005
Impressive as heck really to not have a let down after the long run in the spring.

Now comes the juggling act, trying to play well and get guys some rest prior to the playoffs.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Pick up a couple of nasty SOBs (and Miller’s return) - will build for the playoffs and open up some space for the secondary scoring to come from the Kids like Bjork, Debrusk and Heinen

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Maybe they can get a John Druce playoff run out of someone.

Could be more likely than finding a deal for that elusive top 6 guy.

Maybe.

But I’d rather overpay for a proven guy.

They have the chips, IMO. Now it’s just a matter of finding a trade partner.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
We could still use the RW for the Krejci line, but I think this team is good enough as is to make a cup run and I wouldn't be distraught if we did nothing before the deadline. Maybe one of the kids from within could take a leap, but we'll see. Sweeney has to keep his options open and do what's best in the short and long term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad