now what FA do we get??

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Hamilton, sekera, Ehrhoff. I would be pleased if we actually signed all three.

There's no way that is happening, especially Hamilton. Sekera will not be coming back here, other teams will offer better money/term, plus he probably doesn't want to come back. How many times has a player been traded, then 2-3 years later, gone back to that team? I can't think of any at the moment. And Ehrhoff is most likely done. Too risky, especially if he wants some term.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I think for us to have a chance at Oduya, we probably need to offer five years at around $5m AAV. That'd possibly be a bad contract in the final year or two, but I think he's worth the overpayment for what he'd bring in the first few years.

I agree in that I'm willing to overpay for him. I'd love to insert someone from that Chicago locker room into ours.

He just also happens to specifically be exactly the player we're missing (lhd, puck mover with speed).

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Hamilton, sekera, Ehrhoff. I would be pleased if we actually signed all three.

That makes 0 sense. Hamilton will be signed in due time by Calgary. I don't understand why people would want to bring Ehrhoff back as we're paying him for a buyout. He was also not at all productive or healthy last season. I understand the Sekera love.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Looking for a trade for a LD with Foligno being shipped out. I can see a short term contract being given to a UFA defenseman when the market settles itself.

Hipcheck13

Jul 26, 2014
NY
Martin is done deal IMO, GMTM was at Blackhawks table talking to Stan Bowman today at the draft for a prolonged period of time, so methinks maybe Oduya or Sharp will be here. I also would like Murray to re-sign Lindback. Loved his game last season. Only FA forward I am interested in is Chris Stewart. Would also sign up for Sharp for the remainder of his 2 yr deal if the price was right

Seabrook :sarcasm:

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
I'd much rather go after Ehrhoff than Sekera. I think Ehrhoff can bounce back to good form. When he was healthy last year he was playing well, I think that was the only year that he really had injury concerns. Speaking from my own concussion history, they're no joke...some concussions really take a toll on your body physically, not just mentally.

I think he's a cheaper option than Sekera. They've both lived in buffalo which is great, with ehrhoff still having a home there. And I think ehrhoff is the vet presence we need on our blue line if we want to make a playoff run. The guy's been a part of some pretty successful teams, and at this point in his career he's made plenty of money and wants to go after the cup.

I don't blame him one bit for having a bad year when he was bought out...we were the worst team by far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad