Speculation: Now what do we do? - Part 3

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Condra sucked the first half the year but looked like the player we thought the second half. What kids, who's ready besides Richard? Even Richard will need some time and for the role they'll be playing Condra is better right now. Richard will be on the roster because he needs to go through waivers otherwise. Marchessault probably won't be back as he can get a full-time gig with a club in need of some scoring and no reliance on defense. Condra is a Cooper guy, like it or not we are probably stuck with him another year. His contract isn't a killer and if he plays like he did the end of the year he's a good 4th liner.

condra is stapled to the bench unless theres a few injuries

if hes gone if we got cap something might pop up for the depth scoring which might be all we need richard is a hell of a playmaker

condra seriously to me has nothing for this team

also guess jt brown was on radio had a broken knuckle in playoffs

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

if hes gone if we got cap something might pop up for the depth scoring which might be all we need richard is a hell of a playmaker

With Cooper I don't see Condra sitting that often the same with Paquette, those are his guys and no matter how much they suck he'll get them minutes.

Richard is a hell of a playmaker unfortunately he'll be on the 4th line with Boyle and Paquette/Condra none of them are serious goal scoring threats so his playmaking skills won't be used that well. He can bang and has some nasty so would do well but not sure how his defensive game will be which is what will truly determine his usage.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
With Cooper I don't see Condra sitting that often the same with Paquette, those are his guys and no matter how much they suck he'll get them minutes.

Richard is a hell of a playmaker unfortunately he'll be on the 4th line with Boyle and Paquette/Condra none of them are serious goal scoring threats so his playmaking skills won't be used that well. He can bang and has some nasty so would do well but not sure how his defensive game will be which is what will truly determine his usage.

Richard is going to make Cooper's head hurt. Hangs onto the puck too much without the skill, speed, size, and quickness to actually pull it off at the NHL level - needs to play a simpler game or he'll be in Cooper's dog house from the get go. He can't do what he has been doing the past two seasons in the AHL - his game has to evolve a bit. That's what I'll be looking for this season in Syracuse for him.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I fear someone's going to grossly overpay to get the services of Martin. He's clearly the flavor of the month.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Richard is going to make Cooper's head hurt. Hangs onto the puck too much without the skill, speed, size, and quickness to actually pull it off at the NHL level - needs to play a simpler game or he'll be in Cooper's dog house from the get go. He can't do what he has been doing the past two seasons in the AHL - his game has to evolve a bit. That's what I'll be looking for this season in Syracuse for him.

He's waiver eligible, most likely he'll pass through but he needs to be in the NHL this year for more than a cup of coffee. There were flirtations with the NLA this year I think they'll become much more if he's in Syracuse all year again next season.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
He's waiver eligible, most likely he'll pass through but he needs to be in the NHL this year for more than a cup of coffee. There were flirtations with the NLA this year I think they'll become much more if he's in Syracuse all year again next season.

After this year he won't matter as much for the organization as Stephens / Cirelli make the jump to the A. And bottom liner NHL ceiling is what we are looking at with Richard. He will be a tweener unless his game changes to suit the NHL. Won't lose much sleep if he is not with the organization next year. We needed him on the AHL top six this year that is for sure for organizational depth. Next year that depth becomes Peca and Richard will be in Europe or have secured a roster spot in Tampa.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
After this year he won't matter as much for the organization as Stephens / Cirelli make the jump to the A. And bottom liner NHL ceiling is what we are looking at with Richard. He will be a tweener unless his game changes to suit the NHL. Won't lose much sleep if he is not with the organization next year. We needed him on the AHL top six this year that is for sure for organizational depth. Next year that depth becomes Peca and Richard will be in Europe or have secured a roster spot in Tampa.

Whats your thoughts/projections on Point?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Kuch and Killer left this year, Hedman, Johnson, Palat, Drouin and Vasi next year (although Vasi won't cost too much)

Vasy's price will depend on what we do with Bishop. It'll be at least an extra million for Vasy if he starts this year. 2-something if he doesn't? Maybe?

I feel like Kucherov's on the clock now.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Whats your thoughts/projections on Point?

Don't have one yet. I'll know more a month or two into the Syracuse season and see how his game translates to the Pro game. As of now expect him to be two years in Syracuse. Plenty of prospects get extended looks (ex: Erne) but went back to their respective teams ... so don't put much stock into that. We'll see - he looks promising for sure. Vladdy doesn't look like core at the moment ... while Johnson and Stamkos certainly are. So maybe a Vladdy 3C replacement at some point. Not sure yet.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Would be nice if we can find ourselves another Gagne. That was an awesome move. He was perfect for us on that 1 year deal.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Don't have one yet. I'll know more a month or two into the Syracuse season and see how his game translates to the Pro game. As of now expect him to be two years in Syracuse. Plenty of prospects get extended looks (ex: Erne) but went back to their respective teams ... so don't put much stock into that. We'll see - he looks promising for sure. Vladdy doesn't look like core at the moment ... while Johnson and Stamkos certainly are. So maybe a Vladdy 3C replacement at some point. Not sure yet.

you see more of richard than me so will take ya word on it

i saw a lot of point made it something needing to do. He seems to grow daily im super impressed with all around game and he has that higher end and leadership ability to me. Plays smart fast etc..

Really happy to get updates on you this year seeing him with his peers how he stacks up.

I love vladdy im the guy who thinks is no problem him being second line center of future if we ever moved tyler johnson which I HATE and dont want to happen PERIOD exclamation point.

But point? hmmm he looks like he might have another couple jumps is very interesting

getting a lot of feed back on howdy today too how much leadership and conversation and control he has on ice with a nice shot the right speed etc..

think everyones in for a shock on that first rounder

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Rumble rumble rumble...

laY5m.gif

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

condra offered himself to be coopers best man at his wedding!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad