Now we know why every bad call goes against the Saints

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sounds like they were asked for their help as the Bensons are/were involved in the Church. As always the question will be what they know.

Also, stay away from the Church

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I said it in the other thread, but this all could have been avoided if the owner wasn't being cheap and using Saints staff for non-Saints work. She should have just footed the bill at a PR firm and let them do the dirty work. Now she has pulled the Saints and NFL into a PR nightmare and potentially more litigation. I guess the rich don't get rich by throwing their money around, but if you have a billion dollars, spring for a f***ing personal attorney to go over this shit with.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Trash organization. Makes the Patriots look like choir boys.

giphy.gif

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I said it in the other thread, but this all could have been avoided if the owner wasn't being cheap and using Saints staff for non-Saints work. She should have just footed the bill at a PR firm and let them do the dirty work. Now she has pulled the Saints and NFL into a PR nightmare and potentially more litigation. I guess the rich don't get rich by throwing their money around, but if you have a billion dollars, spring for a ****ing personal attorney to go over this **** with.

She was probably too naive to think they were wrong.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The NFL gives fans so many reasons to leave. This should be a death blow for many

- In-stadium Gambling
- Fantasy sports gambling
- Domestic Abuse cover ups
- Assault cover ups
- weapons charges
- Cheating
- Refs who makes calls which reek of where the gambling money is
- PSL
- Games which are better viewed on mute

now covering up for child rapists

National Disgrace League

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Going to be interesting to see what comes of this. Still no excuse for covering up for something like child sexual abuse and I hope the Saints get punished if they covered up in this.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
She was probably too naive to think they were wrong.
We will see if anything else is uncovered. The one email they got from a Saints staffer wasn't giving very good advice, literally inviting people to sue the archdiocese...
A handful of Saints emails that emerged last year in the clergy abuse litigation included an October 2018 exchange in which Bensel asked an archdiocese spokeswoman whether there might be "a benefit to saying we support a victims right to pursue a remedy through the courts."

"I don't think we want to say we 'support' victims going to the courts," Sarah McDonald, the archdiocese's communications director, replied, "but we certainly encourage them to come forward."
I'd probably be giving shitty advice too if my boss told me write a press release for some pedos for some entity I don't work for.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
They're the biggest scumbag organization in sports as far as I'm concerned. I love how everyone just forgets about bountygate and focuses everything on the Patriots.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
We will see if anything else is uncovered. The one email they got from a Saints staffer wasn't giving very good advice, literally inviting people to sue the archdiocese...

I'd probably be giving ****ty advice too if my boss told me write a press release for some pedos for some entity I don't work for.

At any rate, in the statement by the team, one thing they're essentially saying that they don't want the records of emails to go public because they could be used as evidence in court proceedings.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Church has way too much power, especially Christian and Catholic ones in the US. They influence parenting, politics, and everything inbetween. I don't mind religion whatsoever, but church is the worst. Just a tax-free business that preys on the mentally, physically and financially weak.

Wish sports were completely separate, but nothing is.

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
Disgusting. Needs a forced sale of the team, and maybe a rebrand. The combination of "Saints" AND the fleur-de-lis make an inappropriate connection to the Catholic Church. I think they could keep one or the other but taken as a package... yikes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad