Now the most important question... who are your next Jets captains??

Who do you see as the three Captains (C/A/A) three or four years from now? (Select three)

• Total voters

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Shcief and Morrissey for me as C and A. The last A could be any number of players. Laine, Connor, Ehlers, Lowry. Niku could also put his stick in the pile. You go by whoever has a lot of away in the locker room at the time but at the same time is someone other guys especially younger guys look up to.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Scheifele gets the C, but I feel Laine is going to get a letter, I mean for everything he does& brings to the table outside the rink and the player he potentially is going to be inside the rink.
His value unless something terrible happens will be massive.

He will, but it's way... too early, and he should only get one when he's very much so comfortable being one of the leaders.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He will, but it's way... too early, and he should only get one when he's very much so comfortable being one of the leaders.

Buff has 3 years left on his contract and Wheeler most likely will be staying years in Winnipeg.

Laine is a player who already gets used a lot in advertisement and if he continues to develop it will only grow, just as his impact on the ice.
He feels like a guy who wants to be the guy when it matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack722

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
I picked Laine as an (A) because of balance.

Wheeler is the serious captain, Buff is the mellow (A).

Scheifele will be the serious (C) and Laine will be the mellow (A).

When Laine put rubber into his own net, Wheeler was there on the bench giving him a hug saying don't stress it, it happens to the best of us. Laine will be a good (A) in a few years because he will be able to mentor the rookies when they make a mistake and say we've all been there and be good natured about it.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
I think Scheifs gets the C then Morrissey and Laine the A's. I think Lowry takes on the kinda Little leadership role, as we all know Little is a big part of the leadership group but he doesn't wear a letter, so I think Lowry will be the same in that regard.

Keduzin

May 5, 2009
Scheiffele is clearly the C and Laine gets an A for sure. The third one is more diificult to choose.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Should Chevy bring in ala Jets 1.0

KRIS KING or that Murray type of player to be the captain?

Kidding :)

I think its unanimous decision that it will be Mark Schiefele.!

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Happy to say I seen number 55 become a man in front of my eyes. Hope our first ever draft pick ends his career as a Jet and has a couple cups to add to legacy!

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Chef = C (Obviously. I would be shocked if he wasn't the next captain)
Morrissey = A
Lowry = A

Was torn between Lowry and Laine. After voting, I would consider changing Laine and Lowry. Laine definitely has the drive to improve every aspect of his game on and off the ice, I think he's the type of person who would want a letter.

Pretty much my words. Though ultimately I end up with Laine, guessing that it would be pretty rare vote, but I was wrong.

Funny how same way people have answered this poll. Did someone peak? Shame on you if you did ;-)

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Scheif, Morrisey and Laine/Lowry. Went with Laine over Lowry because quite often teams give their superstar a letter.

Trilliann

Tier 2 fan
May 12, 2016
Below Replacement Level
I picked Laine as an (A) because of balance.

Wheeler is the serious captain, Buff is the mellow (A).

Scheifele will be the serious (C) and Laine will be the mellow (A).

When Laine put rubber into his own net, Wheeler was there on the bench giving him a hug saying don't stress it, it happens to the best of us. Laine will be a good (A) in a few years because he will be able to mentor the rookies when they make a mistake and say we've all been there and be good natured about it.
That was my reasoning too, Scheif will take Wheeler's place, obviously, Laine takes Buff's and JoMo (or Lowry) takes Chef's A.
I remember Josh talking about his rookie season and Buff, how whenever he messed up, Buff would just be joking around and keeping things light and how that helped him get his head back in the game and not dwell on the mistake while the game was still on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->