Post-Game Talk: Now thats what we call a dominating response, Leafs win 6-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
When Nylander is back up to speed, I very badly want to see what a Kapanen-Matthews-Nylander line can put together.

I've got a hunch what they can do, and 30 other coaches aren't going to like it.......:yo:

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
As much as I want to believe it, Tampa Bay has us beat on defence.

We cannot match their defensive depth, all other things being equal.

We match up well against them in a 7 game series, and I fear them less than Boston in the playoffs (Boston is in our guys head's, plain and simple), but if Tampa beats us, a lot of it will be due the strength of their D.

They are a crazy well-built team, and talk of Karlsson signing there in the off-season to play with Hedman would be just insane...... if the Karlsson of old re-emerges.

Reactions: Kazparov

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It's hard not to go into a game thinking the Leafs won't steamroll the opposition. They are that good.

It's not hard for me. We've lost plenty of games this season, some to teams we shouldn't have much trouble with and some were downright ugly.

It's a long season and I'll judge this season mostly on how we do in the playoffs and that means I won't be making any judgements any time soon. We look pretty good most of the time but we still have a long way to go.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
p.s. we're better than tbay

Lol. This is based on nothing aside from your emotional attachment to the Leafs. Tampa’s defence is one of the best units in the league, the Leafs isn’t even close.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Marincin played amazing yesterday, he was super aggressive and went on rushes many times.

I think he knows he has to change it up a little to last in this league.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Also Greg Millen is the absolute worst.

Not even 10 minutes into the game he starts showing his boner for Luongo “the way he looks tonight you’re gonna need some traffic, he’s in one of those grooves” dude we’re not even half way through the first lol.

Reactions: Guy Boucher

canadon

Jun 25, 2015
Vaughan, ON
Also Greg Millen is the absolute worst.

Not even 10 minutes into the game he starts showing his ***** for Luongo “the way he looks tonight you’re gonna need some traffic, he’s in one of those grooves” dude we’re not even half way through the first lol.
And later on he was petting himself for advising Babcock to play Nylander with Matthews and seeing that it really happenned... Except for that happenned for one shift only after Kappy had to play on a penalty kill. Lol.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
What a game. Basically dominated from puck drop. Good to see 2 great efforts like that and let's hope it continues Sat and Sun.

Johnsson-Tavares-Marner were spectacular. Just flying out there. I don't know how many times they got the puck into the O zone and started a long cycle and I don't believe any of those were dump ins, just skated it in and had strong forechecking to create tons of offense.

Want to see some more line juggling which Babcock has been doing since the 3rd in that Detroit game. Would be nice to see a few more looks depending on how long Hyman is out.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Marincin played amazing yesterday, he was super aggressive and went on rushes many times.

I think he knows he has to change it up a little to last in this league.

I thought he played well early in the year also, I like him better than Oz but most don't agree. He brings a very different skill set compared to the rest of the guys on the back end, decent one timer and pretty good stick/ability to tie up guys and plays tougher. He might be a little slow but it's not like the rest of the d never get burned just the same.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Lol. This is based on nothing aside from your emotional attachment to the Leafs. Tampa’s defence is one of the best units in the league, the Leafs isn’t even close.

actually it's based on Tampa padding their record against an easier schedule, and not playing the top teams nearly as well as we have.

and what isn't close, exactly?

TOR: 2.74ga/gm (#4), 32.9sa/gm (#24)
TBL: 2.86ga/gm (#12), 32.3sa/gm (#22)

Reactions: nobody

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
It's not hard for me. We've lost plenty of games this season, some to teams we shouldn't have much trouble with and some were downright ugly.

It's a long season and I'll judge this season mostly on how we do in the playoffs and that means I won't be making any judgements any time soon. We look pretty good most of the time but we still have a long way to go.

For me its all about playing our game. Losing to Florida on Saturday was frustrating because we should have steamrolled them. You could tell we were just being lazy. Last night they went in all business and the Panthers could barely keep up.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
actually it's based on Tampa padding their record against an easier schedule, and not playing the top teams nearly as well as we have.

and what isn't close, exactly?

TOR: 2.74ga/gm (#4), 32.9sa/gm (#24)
TBL: 2.86ga/gm (#12), 32.3sa/gm (#22)
Until we start beating teams in the playoffs we aren’t better than anyone.
We are hopeful like everyone (with good reason to be). But each playoff series is a small 7 game sample size where any stats can be thrown out the window. You can put Corsi and lose. You can beat a team all regular season and lose. It’s a different beast and that’s where you earn your elite (better than others) status.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Until we start beating teams in the playoffs we aren’t better than anyone.
We are hopeful like everyone (with good reason to be). But each playoff series is a small 7 game sample size where any stats can be thrown out the window. You can put Corsi and lose. You can beat a team all regular season and lose. It’s a different beast and that’s where you earn your elite (better than others) status.

Take what you can get, when you get it.
Momentum and confidence is a large part of winning games in this league.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006

Of course they'll have their downs, but with the firepower they have, it's not hard to think that the team can put up a 4-spot on any given night.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Not sure if it was mentioned, but Marner is such a sore goal scorer.

He was so disappointed he scored that goal and they didn't get a hattie.

He first tried to get Matthews to score the 3rd. and then tried to get Tavares the 3rd. but nope gets himself in a snit because he scored ...

:sarcasm:

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
a) nonsense
b) what has tbay done in the playoffs?

Didn't they win a couple of rounds last year? Boy I can't wait until we can say at least that much. Regular season wins are great but playoffs is what it's all about for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad