Speculation: Now that the dust has settled, how many wins do the Oilers walk away with for the first 10 games?

Wins over first 10 games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I voted 2 with all dismissive discontent I could.

This team is far better then everyone thought

I really did think they would win 5 games....they bettered that.

Nice to see the total absence of abject negativity that drowns this board sometimes.
Nice to come here and not have to wade through pages of toxicity just to read a few intelligent posts.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I tried to be positive all last year and thought they would turn it around.

My reasoning was average goaltending.

I think we have a better team then most give us credit for, last year and this year.

West is wide open, you get in playoffs and stay healthy, you never know.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I really did think they would win 5 games....they bettered that.

Nice to see the total absence of abject negativity that drowns this board sometimes.
Nice to come here and not have to wade through pages of toxicity just to read a few intelligent posts.
Agreed, it's also nice that positive view of the team some had is being fulfilled, for lack of a better term, by the team.

They we're never as terrible as many thoughts last year and they weren't garbage this year, they just needed to find confidence and their game

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Agreed, it's also nice that positive view of the team some had is being fulfilled, for lack of a better term, by the team.

They we're never as terrible as many thoughts last year and they weren't garbage this year, they just needed to find confidence and their game

I agree.
I would just add to that as well...I think they needed to put in the effort required to be competitive.
They are doing that this year and its refreshing as hell. :nod:

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Feels good to be right. Thought I actually predicted 6-3-1 somewhere but I cannot find proof of it :)

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
After their first game, I was not expecting them to even go .500, 6-1-1 in their last 8 is a good record and start to the season.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Seems everybody ignores the first 2 losses.
the team could have been figuring itself out then. Really, even that first win was just a squeaker vs the Rangers. Ever since Russell was moved to the 2nd pairing, and some key players started playing well, the team has been put itself together

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I love this. team loses 2 to start the season and a million threads get made about firing everyone and how everyone is shit. team is 2nd in the division and has games in hand and NO one is taking about it :)

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
I love this. team loses 2 to start the season and a million threads get made about firing everyone and how everyone is ****. team is 2nd in the division and has games in hand and NO one is taking about it :)
5 left PP still asinine. Bouchard out over Benning mystifying. There are still questions for sure. And even with a 6-3-1 record we are in the negative in goal differential. I guess all that means is we lose big when we do?

On the other hand, we have faced the most difficult strength of schedule in the entire league through the first 10 games. Which is remarkable to come out of with the record we have.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I said they had a good shot at winning their next 10 after that Jersey opening night defeat... and they've won 6 of the next 9 so not as good as possible... but they also picked up a point vs the Pens. Only the 1st B's and Preds games were disappointing so far.

Far from perfect... but trending in the right direction.

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
5 left PP still asinine. Bouchard out over Benning mystifying. There are still questions for sure. And even with a 6-3-1 record we are in the negative in goal differential. I guess all that means is we lose big when we do?

On the other hand, we have faced the most difficult strength of schedule in the entire league through the first 10 games. Which is remarkable to come out of with the record we have.
Goal difference only matters after 60 minutes.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Sarcastically voted 1 to lowball Jimmi’s Vote of 2....realistically thought 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad