Speculation: Now that the dust has settled, how many wins do the Oilers walk away with for the first 10 games?

Wins over first 10 games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deegee

Oct 29, 2013
Edmonton, AB
As a Flames fan who had to watch Gulutzen deploy the Brouwer Play instead of the Power Play on a nightly basis, trust me that you do not want. You think Todd is bad, you haven't seen anything, yet.

I'm not sure if this is a Todd issue as much as a Chia issue. The team he has to work with has some elite talent, but also some pretty glaring holes. Oiler fans deserve better. The NHL is better when both teams in Alberta are strong (just the Flames a little better than the Oilers lol).

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Should be noted that the Oilers were going to have the 4 day break no matter what. Whether it was at home or on the road. Not that you're trying to do this, but lets not try and make it seem like McDavid's agent (and Connor by proxy) are upset at the Oilers organization.

The decision to do the Eastern swing after coming back from Europe is certainly a risky one though. I can see the argument for why you'd do it. But boy do you set yourself up for some big time trouble if the team tanks it.
Although if you came straight home and tanked those games in front of home fans, I would argue you've dug a bigger hole in your season and your fanbase's support.

Reactions: Cypress

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Should be noted that the Oilers were going to have the 4 day break no matter what. Whether it was at home or on the road. Not that you're trying to do this, but lets not try and make it seem like McDavid's agent (and Connor by proxy) are upset at the Oilers organization.

The decision to do the Eastern swing after coming back from Europe is certainly a risky one though. I can see the argument for why you'd do it. But boy do you set yourself up for some big time trouble if the team tanks it.

That's exactly what he's trying to do. It's his M.O.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton

Brian Burke was on Oilers now yesterday talking about his trip in I think 2007 with Anaheim. Said he also chose to do the Eastern conference thing after returning from Europe. Said it was the worst decision he could have made. I think mostly because they were playing other teams home opener and got spanked. Don't think Edmonton is playing any other teams home opener though.

Either way I don't think it matters. I think the team could never have gone to Europe. Play every game this year at home. And still end up with good chances in the draft lottery.
They're just a bad hockey team. Schedules won't fix that.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Right. There wouldn't be an 'Edmonton' Oilers without Katz.
You have zero clue, none at all. Katz is the worst owner in the league by a mile. In no way shape or form did he ride in on a white horse and the save the team. He talked a good game but failed on most thing she promised. Also you blatantly insult people who have stuck by this clown show or the last 13 years or so is.

ps tell the german dangler to start earning his 8.5

Reactions: A91

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
I just dont get how someone can say this with a straight face when Ottawa exists as a team

They've made the playoffs seven times in a stretch that the Oilers have made it once. If success is the measure of an owner, Melnyk is skating circles around us which is utterly pathetic. Just watch even the tire fire that is Ottawa won't take 10 years to make it back to the playoffs.

Reactions: bone

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
We could afford Mcdavid, Ottawa couldnt afford Karlsson and even if the owner wasnt cheap they burned the bridges.

You know we used to not have an AHL team. Does no one remember how degrading it was loaning draft picks to half a dozen different AHL teams?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
We could afford Mcdavid, Ottawa couldnt afford Karlsson and even if the owner wasnt cheap they burned the bridges.

You know we used to not have an AHL team. Does no one remember how degrading it was loaning draft picks to half a dozen different AHL teams?
Yeah, instead we have the honour of watching them flounder with the AHL team we do have.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

You do remember that it was the investors group that actually started that and it was actually only for 2 seasons. Katz bought the team in 2008. The Oilers have had their own affiliate since the 2007 season and it still hasn't really produced any real talent.

Katz has many flaws. The AHL fiasco wasn't his.

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017

The EIG Oilers were at least entertaining. They out performed the current version of the Oilers despite having a fraction of the resources. Now that we have the best player in the game and unlimited cash it feels hopeless. I don't think there's really any argument against Katz being among the very worst owners in sports. From threatening to leave one of the most loyal fanbases, (after buying his crap product for years), to bending over tax payers for the arena, add in the worst stretch of performances in NHL history. There's so many famous embarrassing press conferences it's hard to remember them all. The Senators are an above average NHL team on the ice the last decade, the Oilers are probably the worst of all time. I'm surprised anyone is really defending Katz, he's been completely and utterly useless.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
About 60% of us didn't think we would get over 4 wins...basically only 11% of us thought we could win 6 or more.. and I suspect some of them may have voted sarcastically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad