GDT: [Nov. 5: 800pm/CBC & SN1] Calgary Flames @ Los Angeles Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Until Brodie, Gaudreau, Monahan and Giordano get going, this is pretty much going to be the story of the season - one to two strong games where the team is carried by their depth followed for 2 to 3 games where they're blown out. Wouldn't hurt if the coaching staff would stop dressing Grossmann or figure out how get the special teams looking respectable for once.

The fact that this is a cap team is quite sad. As is the fact that it's a very, very weak draft. Not much to look forward to.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Have you watched the game? He is keeping them in it. The only people to show up tonight were the tkabackfro and maybe Gio.

I feel bad for Elliot tonight.

I am watching the game alright.

I dont see the Flames in the game :naughty:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
So GG strategy of playing 8 dmen on the roster is working :sarcasm:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Until Brodie, Gaudreau, Monahan and Giordano get going, this is pretty much going to be the story of the season - one to two strong games where the team is carried by their depth followed for 2 to 3 games where they're blown out. Wouldn't hurt if the coaching staff would stop dressing Grossmann or figure out how get the special teams looking respectable for once.

The fact that this is a cap team is quite sad. As is the fact that it's a very, very weak draft. Not much to look forward to.

We saw a lot of these teams in the Iginla Era too. Sad.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

Is the whole draft considered weak? Or is the 1st round good, but the overall depth is poor? Or does it just lack elite players?

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Is the whole draft considered weak? Or is the 1st round good, but the overall depth is poor? Or does it just lack elite players?

I think it could turn out ok, certainly not as strong as the last few for skaters at the top end, but should be a strong year for goalies.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

The latter I believe. The projected top pick in Nolan Patrick is being compared to the likes of Nugent-Hopkins and Ryan Johansen; good players but not franchise changing like Matthews, Stamkos, Tavares, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad