Post-Game Talk: Nothing like beating Calgary to break a slump

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I don't take anything said during a broadcast to heart. It's just background noise.

Then I don't see why you'd even bother bringing up how the fanbase reacts to talking heads. To me I view it as comedy and flip the channel during intermission and would jump on the option to have broadcasts with just arena noise and no colour commentary. I don't personally care if they praise or criticize the team as it doesn't influence my opinion. The thing is, media being one way or another has implications to the masses, and it's definitely not limited to sports.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
One problem... they're still missing a Jarome Iginla caliber player.... and as good as Markstrom is.... he ain't no Kipper. I just don't see this roster being built to play Sutter hockey like the 04 roster. Besides that... I'm not sure if Sutter hockey can even be successful anymore in today's game
also missing a #1 center, which he had in LA in Kopitar
and a #1 defenseman in his prime like Doughty....which Gio isn't anymore

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
If you guys see the replay, what really psises off Yammo is that Rasmus has Yammos right arm held. He won't let him go back the othe way and he loses his cool.

How many times do the Flames hold up an Oiler in the neutral zone especially? SOOO many times. Holding their stick, arm, etc. Refs ignore it the entire game.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Oilers an Preds are he only teams with no loser points. Sickening see MTL with 6 lol

11-12 record

CGY - 11-14

Van - 11-17
More important than loser points are the fake 3x3 or SO points. If you only consider regulation games then the standings are

TeamWinsLossesTiesPointsP%
Toronto166436.692
Montreal1161128.609
Edmonton1411129.558
Winnipeg108626.542
Calgary912422.440
Vancouver1015323.411
Ottawa517414.269
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Would love to see Nuge get a big night and take control of one of these games. I think Nuge needs this too. Eberle used to talk about it being hard playing with McD because you feel like you have to be in another skill dimension and you end up feeling like you're blowing it a lot of the time. I think Nuge might have that problem with McD. His confidence starts to sag. Nuge is a worthy player and needs to get out of the shade of McDrai. I think again Tippett is making an astute move here. Give it even 6 games and we'll see Nuge kickstart some offense.
Yeah I have no problem with this. I mean Boston loads up their top line all season long, but of course they can generally rely on better defence and goaltending. In a 3 game series against Ottawa though I'd love to just see the big horses let loose on their own line. Nuge is still going to get PP time with them, but it would be nice to see him get going on his own line. We've seen stretches over the past couple seasons where he'll make confident offensive plays and carry the puck himself, but I find when he's with McDavid he just plays the Yamamoto role (minus the forechecking) where he just touches pucks briefly until McDavid can find open ice and defers to him to do the heavy lifting.

This is the Nuge I'd like to see more often:

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I really don't undertand all the love for Kahun and the want to have him in the top 6 so badly, thinking he is somehow moving the dial there. I think he's been very mediocre in his time here based on expectations, and still waiting for him to have this so-called magical chemistry with Drai. Have nothing against him personally, but he plays on the permiter a lot, and really isn't a fit for our top 6. A hard working, quick guy for the bottom 6 is better suited.

I worried this guy was being overhyped and expectations a bit high by some posters when signed. We seems moments of a second line winger but not the consistency. I see Kahun as a quality third line player at least on this roster. Draisaitl seems to me to be working too hard in all areas of the ice with two smaller wingmen. The small wingers don't shoot enough and Draisaitl too isn't getting enough shots while seeming to be a two way workhorse. Don't want to get ahead of things here ... but ... can't help wondering abit what Holloway, Draisaitl, Yamamoto might look like.

By far the biggest disappointment is Turris who just looks completely lost out there. I'm stunned by how much his game has deteriorated. Even his solid shoot seems to be MIA.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It is amazing how many players RNH does not have chemistry with. I can only think of Hall / Eberle and Drai / Yamo that has worked with him over long stretches.

Pouliot/Eberle was another one. To be fair McDavid is the same way.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
to be fair, there’s a 4+ year time difference.

Why does this matter? Have the rules changed? Tkachuk has avoided supplemental discipline on a dozen illegal plays somehow yet seems like every oiler in the top 9 has had a fine or suspension in that timeframe.

Reactions: Aerrol and TB12

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Someone needs to make a gofundme and pay Yamamoto his fine. POSmus 100% deserved it. I will never feel bad for scum players like Kneerdano, Rat and POSmus whatever happens to them on or off the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad