Notes from the Development Camp

hoosierpred

Apr 4, 2008
My thoughts:

Defense first:
Couple of the guys seem like very good skaters and puck movers (e.g. Allard and Fabbro) and the new guys seemed fine, but worried about lack of potential for a cycle stopping, board pinning defensemen, and I didn't see much that impressed me regarding hardness or accuracy of point shots (but maybe the drills run were not intended for this purpose).

Forwards:
1) Jachym Kondelik: Just for background, I remember going to previous camps to see Diaby and coming away certain that he would never play in the NHL due to a lack of skating ability and I worried that I was going to see something like this. I was very, very pleasantly surprised. Much better skater than I thought possible at this stage of development. Nice hands with a very hard to follow, accurate hard shot in the partial time that I oberved.

2) Other forwards that caught my eye: Tolvanen looked fine, McMann seemed much better than I expected.

Goalies: There is good potential here I think. The Czech Goalies seemed a step above and Svoboda in particular looked very polished and precise in his movements.

Last edited:

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
So is Fabbro paying his own way or have the loosened the rules for NCAA players?
Probably paying his own way, his sisters still live here correct? It’s not hard to stay with one of them and his family is loaded anyways. Probably nice to spend time with his sisters and have prospect camp at the same time.

Last edited:

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Aren't they college players? If so they can only attend if they pay their own way due to colossally stupid NCAA rules.

But if they were not attending the development camp, would they still be on the development camp roster? Cause they are all there. And one of Ads Roundtable's tweets yesterday made it seem like they were supposed to be there so I guess I'm just a bit confused.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
But if they were not attending the development camp, would they still be on the development camp roster? Cause they are all there. And one of Ads Roundtable's tweets yesterday made it seem like they were supposed to be there so I guess I'm just a bit confused.

Yeah me too.

Detelethisaccount

Jul 5, 2013
Yeah me too.

In past years the college guys have appeared on the roster since I guess they are "invited" but just cannot attend without paying their own expenses. I was thinking pretty much everyone was there last year though, so not sure why they wouldn't be this year.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
I usually stay at the same hotel with the players during camp. Just watching them wander through the hotel lobby, I had the sense that this year's group, overall, is bigger and taller than previous participants. Anyone look through the roster to verify that? I wonder if Poile has made a conscious effort to draft bigger players. Or maybe the kids are just getting bigger. Maybe I'm just imagining the change, but really got the sense that this group as a whole, is bigger and stronger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->