Notes before Season Opener

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I prefer to view it in a positive light. A 20 year old on our top pairing is good news.

A 20 year old on a top pairing that wasn't drafted in the top 3 is a red flag. I understand our defense sucks. I'm more worried about how putting him out there to get massacred by superstars on a nightly basis will effect his development.

Reactions: Syckle78 and Flowah

redwings8831

Jan 16, 2009
Sulak made it and at least one of Hronek/Hicketts will be back up for Thursday because of injuries.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
One would argue that Hicketts played better than Sulak. Just seems odd after that comment is all

His quote was with the context that things could change as preseason played out.

It also sounds like there will be a lot of movement between GR and Detroit this year so im sure we'll see lil' Joe back at some point.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
One would argue that Hicketts played better than Sulak. Just seems odd after that comment is all
Idk I thought Sulak was okay, maybe they thought he looked more comfortable each game as he got used to smaller ice, he also played against men last year and is actually older than Hicketts. Maybe they thought his progression made him a better candidate.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
These are 100% salary cap moves to maximize their salary. They have $0 in cap space so amazing job by the management there. Tomorrow after 5pm more moves will happen before the game Thursday.

x2. It looks like they're about $50k short of being over by 100% of Zetterberg's cap hit. I'm guessing he goes on LTIR first, then they retro-IR/recall some other guys to maximize as much as possible before putting Franzen on LTIR?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
These are 100% salary cap moves to maximize their salary. They have $0 in cap space so amazing job by the management there. Tomorrow after 5pm more moves will happen before the game Thursday.

Sure? Sulak makes 200k more than Hicketts...if those are cap moves then why not keep Hicketts over Sulak?

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
The Red Wings assigned Filip Hronek and Joe Hicketts to the Grand Rapids Griffins to reduce their roster to 22 by Tuesday's deadline, but one or both will be recalled Wednesday due to the injuries.

Latest from Khan MLive article.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad