Not who/what one expects to wake up next to

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/lond...zuQs2LfGfP-N2flcrFnwzW6AjT28nt0tXpAcdPSjdTR9k

Some cool science, 470M meteorite lands in woman's bed back in October continues to be studied.

"Upon inspection, McCausland found that the meteorite is an L chondrite, one of the most commonly found types of meteorites to fall on Earth.
What's not so common about Hamilton's meteorite is where it originates in the sky.
"This rock has a very interesting and unusual orbit," said McCausland. "

meteor-bc.JPG

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
The odds of having that astronomically oddity happening would have to be astronomically out of this world.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I would have expected a lot more burning and exploding. Looks like it just fell out of the attic.

I thought the same thing when I first read the article, I would have expected some burning on the sheets or something.

My first thought was... it had enough force to go through the roof and at least one ceiling, but not bounce of the bed?

I think it's possible the homeowner picked it up off the floor and put on the bed for the photo op... that would explain the lack of crispy sheets

Last edited:
Reactions: tarheelhockey

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Or that could be a very well put together bed that not even a meteorite could destroy. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad