"Not sustainable"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
On TSN 690 this morning, Elliott and company were again asking if the Habs winning ways are sustainable.

It's quite obvious they are not. Once again tonight, the Habs were extremely fortunate to win.

Detroit had almost 30 shots that got through to the Habs net; if not for the ridiculous number of blocked shots that #31 had, the score would have been a rout. At the other end, one measly goal by a guy who has publicly admitted he plays like a girl, that he only got because Detroit's best defensive forward lost consciousness on the play when Dale Weise cut the cheese right near him.

In fact, BOTH Habs markers, that flukey one, plus the one where the Detroit goaltender had gone for a tinkle, should never have happened because Max Pacioretty should have been suspended for faking an injury in 2011 after illegally using his head to try and push off Chara to get to a loose puck at the Bell Center. Dr. Recchi confirmed that Patches was embellishing extremely, as he caught him going to a movie when he was supposedly injured for life.

On top of it all, Detroit didn't even ice a strong team tonight, as they rested several Hall of Famers and stars such as Lidstrom, Chelios, Holmstrom, Federov and Konstantinov, to say nothing of Dominik Hasek.

I'm sure the Habs record will come back with a thud; they will NOT make the playoffs unless #31 keeps blocking at least 20 pucks per game, that's for sure!

Last edited:

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
[...] they will NOT make the playoffs unless #31 keeps blocking at least 20 pucks per game, that's for sure!

In fact, BOTH Habs markers, that flukey one, plus the one where the Detroit goaltender had gone for a tinkle, should never have happened because Max Pacioretty should have been suspended for faking an injury in 2011 after illegally trying to push off Chara to get to a loose puck at the Bell Center.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Pok%C3%A9mon_Psyduck_art.png

put the coffee down, or the beer, or if you're not having coffee, please do, and re-read this tomorrow

HabsChik*

Holy **** hes off his rocker. I swear the Habs have some of most needy ( attention ) fans ive ever encountered.

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
Why is it such blasphemy to think the team could play better in front of Price?

I'm not that I to advanced stats or anything, but I think it's plain as day this team concedes more scoring chances than in creates, and spends more time in its own end than the opposition's. Price is more often than not the difference maker.

Does that make the Habs a bad team? No, of course not, Price is very much part if this team and it's one of many ways to win hockey games.

But as a fan, I want to see a Stanley Cup. And for that to happen I want EVERYTHING to be going as well as it can for this team. Right now the obvious flaw is the disparity in 5 on 5 scoring chances.

What's causing that disparity is open for debate. I happen to think it's the breakout strategy that too often results in icing and giving away possession. Others may disagree and that's fine. But why is it so outrageous to want the team to improve? Are fans really statisfied with success 3/4 of the way through a season? Why not want this team to be even better?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
On TSN 690 this morning, Elliott and company were again asking if the Habs winning ways are sustainable.

It's quite obvious they are not. Once again tonight, the Habs were extremely fortunate to win.

Detroit had almost 30 shots that got through to the Habs net; if not for the ridiculous number of blocked shots that #31 had, the score would have been a rout. At the other end, one measly goal by a guy who has publicly admitted he plays like a girl, that he only got because a Detroit player lost consciousness on the play when Dale Weise cut the cheese right near him.

In fact, BOTH Habs markers, that flukey one, plus the one where the Detroit goaltender had gone for a tinkle, should never have happened because Max Pacioretty should have been suspended for faking an injury in 2011 after illegally trying to push off Chara to get to a loose puck at the Bell Center. Dr. Recchi confirmed that Patches was embellishing extremely, as he caught him going to a movie when he was supposedly injured for life.

On top of it all, Detroit didn't even ice a strong team tonight, as they rested several Hall of Famers and stars such as Lidstrom, Chelios, Holmstrom, Federov and Konstantinov, to say nothing of Dominik Hasek.

I'm sure the Habs record will come back with a thud; they will NOT make the playoffs unless #31 keeps blocking at least 20 pucks per game, that's for sure!

....Ok, someone's gotta lay off the funny stuff :laugh:

RonFournier

Dec 17, 2006
Good balanced post OP. I would add that Therrien needs to bre fired, replaced preferably by Randy Cunneyworth. Also, let's stop lying to ourselves: the only way we are gonna reach the finals is by crucifying David Desharnais at the next full moon and giving Lars Eller at least 60 minutes of playing time per game.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing

I'm not that I to advanced stats or anything, but I think it's plain as day this team concedes more scoring chances than in creates, and spends more time in its own end than the opposition's. Price is more often than not the difference maker.

Does that make the Habs a bad team? No, of course not, Price is very much part if this team and it's one of many ways to win hockey games.

But as a fan, I want to see a Stanley Cup. And for that to happen I want EVERYTHING to be going as well as it can for this team. Right now the obvious flaw is the disparity in 5 on 5 scoring chances.

What's causing that disparity is open for debate. I happen to think it's the breakout strategy that too often results in icing and giving away possession. Others may disagree and that's fine. But why is it so outrageous to want the team to improve? Are fans really statisfied with success 3/4 of the way through a season? Why not want this team to be even better?

you read all that in there? :amazed:

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010

Detroit had almost 30 shots that got through to the Habs net; if not for the ridiculous number of blocked shots that #31 had, the score would have been a rout. At the other end, one measly goal by a guy who has publicly admitted he plays like a girl, that he only got because a Detroit player lost consciousness on the play when Dale Weise cut the cheese right near him.

In fact, BOTH Habs markers, that flukey one, plus the one where the Detroit goaltender had gone for a tinkle, should never have happened because Max Pacioretty should have been suspended for faking an injury in 2011 after illegally trying to push off Chara to get to a loose puck at the Bell Center. Dr. Recchi confirmed that Patches was embellishing extremely, as he caught him going to a movie when he was supposedly injured for life.

Detroit got 25 SOG last night....Habs got more. Detroit got an extra PP.
Not bad at all IMHO.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Detroit got 25 SOG last night....Habs got more. Detroit got an extra PP.
Not bad at all IMHO.

Imagine what would have happened if #31 had not blocked those 25 pucks? A loss by 25-1!

So in addition to miraculously escaping a rout against them, the Habs were by far the dirtier team, with double the fouls, not including Weise's unpunished but very foul move and the unsportstsmanlike penalty Pacioretty should have received for shooting the puck at a net made empty when Howard had to rush away as nature or something called.

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Detroit had almost 30 shots that got through to the Habs net; if not for the ridiculous number of blocked shots that #31 had, the score would have been a rout. At the other end, one measly goal by a guy who has publicly admitted he plays like a girl, that he only got because DetroitS best defensive forward lost consciousness on the play when Dale Weise cut the cheese right near him.

In fact, BOTH Habs markers, that flukey one, plus the one where the Detroit goaltender had gone for a tinkle, should never have happened because Max Pacioretty should have been suspended for faking an injury in 2011 after illegally using his head to try and push off Chara to get to a loose puck at the Bell Center. Dr. Recchi confirmed that Patches was embellishing extremely, as he caught him going to a movie when he was supposedly injured for life.

Okay, I get it now. You're parodying the advanced stats guys............I think?

ChikN

Sep 1, 2010
Montréal
**** the rest of the league fans. Calling out Habs fans about class and then proceed to insult every player that has a good season for us.

MT for JA, asterisk cuz top 3 pick lulz.

Subban for Norris, asterisk cuz 70% Karlgod and lockout.

Price for Vezina, asterisk montreal media hype Rinne second coming of Zeus lulz.

And then proceed to drool over every good player on rival teams.

Pricef*

It's the incessant *****ing that's annoying. All wins ONLY happen because of Price and everything else is the coach's fault. I swear this place is full of secret Bruin and Leaf trolls.:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->