Not sure how you feel about a boycott

Messier11

May 9, 2016
...I think it is time to organize a boycott of a game. Actually organize this so that Katz may hopefully get the message. Certainly, the attention it would garner throughout the media may be enough to move the minute hand away from Doomsday...a request by 97 to be traded out of here.

Sadly, too many people would not actually be willing to do this. We can complain all we want on here, but the only way this organization will ever take notice is when you hurt them where it counts...their pocketbook.

Messier11

May 9, 2016
And, to put my money where my mouth is, I would be happy to put my own money in to an ad in the Edmonton Journal to promote this. I would rather do this than see 97 look to leave.

Reactions: Aerrol and McDrai

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
And, to put my money where my mouth is, I would be happy to put my own money in to an ad in the Edmonton Journal to promote this. I would rather do this than see 97 look to leave.

Meh. It's becoming more popular for stars to call out their management then demand a trade. I bet McD pulls an Eichel way before he wants out

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
unfortunately hfboards is the minority when it comes to hockey fans.

90% of the season ticket holders are corporations who give their tickets away anyways, and there will always be someone wanting to experience an nhl game in a state of the art arena.

I'd like to think we as fans can do something, but as long as there is someone out there spending money on the oilers, we're stuck waiting until the org realizes its own stupidity.

maybe it'll just be another 15 years.

Reactions: Aerrol and McDrai

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
There's so many tickets sold already for the rest of the games this year that it can't even be done. Sure you could not show up for your paid seats, but the organization suffers minimally while you've just wastes money on unused tickets

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I know not too many people were happy about this move but the throwing the jersey on the ice seemed to be very effective in showing the frustration from the fans. I'm sure that will happen this season if things keep going downhill

Uindicator

Sep 27, 2010
I'd gladly throw a Lowe jersey on the ice , hell I feel like setting the Rogers arena on fire right now

Reactions: McDrai

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
upload_2018-12-31_0-51-22.jpeg

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The team could ice a lineup of shit on skates and I’d probably still watch. Dam Oiler hockey has been in my blood since I was a baby.

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
I know not too many people were happy about this move but the throwing the jersey on the ice seemed to be very effective in showing the frustration from the fans. I'm sure that will happen this season if things keep going downhill

I was involved in a few things back in the Kevin Lowe must go days. I don't think something like that will start happening again, people are more apathetic than upset now. I think sometimes we forget how upset everyone was just before we got McDavid.

I remember the jersey tossers, the guy who drove his tractor onto the Oilers' property with a Kevin Lowe Must Go sign attached, the guy who funded the bill board and that whole campaign was big too. There were a few incidents of people bringing signs at games. Me and a friend (very drunkenly) yelled out "Kevin Lowe has to go" chants during the last minute of a blow out game, we had two signs that said "Fire" and "Lowe" on them and walked right up to the edge of the upper bowl. Lots of people got on board and chanted with us but some told us to shut up because they wanted to watch the game, even though we had just watched St Louis outshoot us 48-17 at home or something like that, during a double digit losing streak, and we were some 4 goals down with twenty seconds left. That emotion (at least for me) is gone. The point of protesting the team is long gone for me, now it's just deciding if I care anymore.

Reactions: Aerrol

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
There's so many tickets sold already for the rest of the games this year that it can't even be done. Sure you could not show up for your paid seats, but the organization suffers minimally while you've just wastes money on unused tickets

They lose a lot of money on concessions if fewer people go.

Reactions: Aerrol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->