Not really Prospects but ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Why does a Dennis Hamel Or Kirby Law never seem to get a chance on ascoring line somewhere. Why wouldn't a team who is thin in scorers nor at least invest a late pick to check out these guys. I have never really understood this. I think Lessard may become one of these guys and Kris beech may become one. Why do people never give a Steve maltias a chance. Any thoughts

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Starsdude said:
Why does a Dennis Hamel Or Kirby Law never seem to get a chance on ascoring line somewhere. Why wouldn't a team who is thin in scorers nor at least invest a late pick to check out these guys. I have never really understood this. I think Lessard may become one of these guys and Kris beech may become one. Why do people never give a Steve maltias a chance. Any thoughts

Not going to speak for the rest, but Kris Beech was given a chance and couldn't cut it. When you give him a several games in the preseason and several in the regular season and he doesn't, at any point, show he's capable of handling that responsibility, you have to demote him and let him work his way up. Beech walked into the perfect situation: a playoff caliber team desperately needing center help. Despite playing for a team who badly wanted him to be their #2, he quickly found himself back in the AHL. That ought to tell you something.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Hamel is too slow, IMO. I think he had a major knee injury in Buffalo that slowed him down, which would explain that. He can score in the AHL, but hasn't been able to do it in the NHL. He will probably get a chance on some team next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad