OT - NO POLITICS NOT home for the Holidays.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
As boss I have exercised my right to close early every day and to close completely tomorrow and Friday, since I didn't get any time off other than national holidays this year (insurance is an essential business in CT and I remained open all through the lockdown just no in person contact w/clients). I'm definitely feeling burn out as I am making stupid errors (fortunately catching & correcting them in time) and in general am just tired of dealing with everything.
Relax and have some cookies :)

p.jpg

Reactions: eightspokedb

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Relax and have some cookies :)

View attachment 377309
I just took out the butter and eggs to come to room temp so I can bake some. Thought about oatmeal chocolate chip but decided to stick with the OG cookie.

I need to get the chocolate crinkle and peanut butter cookie recipes from my mom tomorrow.

Planning on baking and sending some cookies to my boss along with my mom and sister

Reactions: BMC

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
No Elton John "Step into Christmas"?

I like Wham, Mariah and Band Aid so I'm good with them on the list along with Buble.

Reactions: sooshii

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I mean, the Grande, Bieber, Smith, and Coldplay songs can take a hike.

The order can be argued but at least they got most of the greatest ones in there.

Biggest omission is Bruce Springsteen - "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" and Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
I'm shocked Jeff Foxworthy's 12 Redneck Days of Christmas didn't make it on the list.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Bieber, Bauble, and Mariah all being top 10 means this list sucks from the jump, but that omission doesn't help their argument either...

The Wham one is pretty bad too. And I'm one who thinks George Michael's solo stuff is really underrated. The guy could sing.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
The worst Christmas song of all time? Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmastime". That song is proof that even a Beatle can put out the suck. I'd honestly rather hear Mariah played on a loop. In fact, Mariah's song is a good tune, harkening back to the Phil Spector Christmas Album sound. It's just massively overplayed. The McCartney song is pure trash from the get go.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The worst Christmas song of all time? Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmastime". That song is proof that even a Beatle can put out the suck. I'd honestly rather hear Mariah played on a loop. In fact, Mariah's song is a good tune, harkening back to the Phil Spector Christmas Album sound. It's just massively overplayed. The McCartney song is pure trash from the get go.

I'm not unconvinced that McCartney didn't write that as a joke to see if he could write the worst song of all time and still have it get radio play just because of who he was and how much he dominated the charts in 1979-80.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

nothing is worse than Christmas Shoes...that song and all who had a hand in its creation can burn in hell

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I'm not unconvinced that McCartney didn't write that as a joke to see if he could write the worst song of all time and still have it get radio play just because of who he was and how much he dominated the charts in 1979-80.

It's the only theory that fits. It's just a bad song. It's like Mozart writing Chopsticks.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
nothing is worse than Christmas Shoes...that song and all who had a hand in its creation can burn in hell

Yeah, that's really bad too. But only in a "Did this guy just write a friggin' Christmas song about a kid buying shoes for his dead mother!!?? kind of way.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The Wham one is pretty bad too. And I'm one who thinks George Michael's solo stuff is really underrated. The guy could sing.
His rendition of Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me might be better than Elton's. I love that one and Father Figure.

If anyone has a great full version of O Come All Ye Faithful in Latin, please let me know. It is virtually impossible to find a decent version that is more than one verse. I was in church choir and we only sang that song in Latin so to hear it in English still seems strange all these years later.

Reactions: eightspokedb

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

My least favorite Christmas songs are in no particular order: Last Christmas by Wham, anything by Mariah, and McCartney's Wonderful Christmastime. I literally cannot turn the channel fast enough when any of those come on. I tend to skew more towards the classics anyways. Give me Frank singing Have yourself a merry little Christmas and I'm good to go.

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
If people are looking for traditional Christmas songs sung by modern artists, I highly recommend Carrie Underwood's new album. Incredible.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It's the only theory that fits. It's just a bad song. It's like Mozart writing Chopsticks.

More than that, I think it's just a cheap cash grab. Not that he needs the money, but it's a cash cow he can milk year over year.

Paul was the sole writer, producer, and performer on the track, doing every part. I believe he owned his publishing rights by then too, so basically it's an easy novelty song guaranteed to get airplay every December. I just read that he collects approximately $400,000 per year on royalties for that song alone.

Reactions: Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad