OT - NO POLITICS NOT home for the Holidays.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
My old lady works at a restaurant here and she said the middle of November is the worst part of the year for her restaurant statistically in the past 5 years, but then things pick up in December, but without Christmas parties, or small ones the pick up might not be what it was.

Good luck out there, pubs and restaurants are suffering, have had a few close up island.
yeah it`s tough sledding (no pun intended), November for us is usually as huge as December as more and more people in recent years were doing the office party thing much earlier and we have 1 room for private dining and a restaurant that easily accommodated larger groups. Speaking with our owner the other day, with all that is going on now, she figures this November/December alone she`ll be out between 200,000 and 250,000$ of revenue from the holiday season, that`s a helluva lot of money

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Damn finding it hard to find any testing. Everything full or charging like $150. One place had an appointment 12/2/2020. Just was on the phone with my doctors office and theyre gonna call me tomorrow to screen me to see if I even need to be tested.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
Damnit. My 14 year-old daughter whom has always taken it incredibly seriously and takes all the right precautions just tested positive today. She started feeling dizzy yesterday morning, complained that she couldn't go to her soccer game (she never misses) and now looks like a pale rendition of herself.
My wife will get her results tomorrow but with how she's been feeling today - she'll be positive also. Can already hear her breathing from too far away.

My 11 year-old and I are fine at the moment but odds are we'll get it also - we live in a small house were self-isolation isn't a possibility and will be quarantining. Neither me nor the little one have been tested yet.

Fingers crossed. Considering we live in one of the places that has dealt with it well and that we've taken it seriously - ugh.
Hope all goes well. Scary times.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Speedometer quit on the 64 today. Hoping it’s just a snapped cable. I need to add a couple teeth to the transmission anyway cuz the speedo was reading fast, but if the speedo housing itself is toast then I’m gonna be out a few hundred bucks instead of 20.

and the black n blue filet mignon i made for myself late last night has been destroying me for the last 24 hours.

Happy Tuesday.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My back picked a great time to throw itself out of whack. :help::wally:

I feel like this:
euC8EwosfCWk0.gif

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Apparently there was a tornado near Arlington TX tonight. And predictably, people on social media started berating the local weather people for daring to interrupt the rose ceremony on the Bachelorette to warn people about the tornado. :facepalm:

I didn't even know that show was still a thing.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The downside of working from home is that there is no early close at 1pm... Going to be a very long day

Reactions: Ladyfan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Apparently there was a tornado near Arlington TX tonight. And predictably, people on social media started berating the local weather people for daring to interrupt the rose ceremony on the Bachelorette to warn people about the tornado. :facepalm:

It is still a thing and it is even worse than it was when it started.

This type of complaining happens all the time and it is pathetic. James Spann has ripped people like that on Facebook, Twitter and on air before. He is in Tuscaloosa/Birmingham AL. I could watch his coverage on Youtube all day.

He is seriously the Harvey Leonard of Alabama

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The downside of working from home is that there is no early close at 1pm... Going to be a very long day
We're in the office, and usually they let us go home "early".... Except for our powers that be, that means about 15-20 minutes :rolleyes:

But they haven't said anything about early dismissal this year. No idea why not. Maybe they'll let us go at lunchtime. :laugh: But I won't hold my breath...

Reactions: Alicat

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

I'm WFH, as is 80 percent of my agency, and we still get early release. Perks of being a state worker, if they let one go, they have to let all go. The commute from my desk to my couch will have less traffic today. ;)

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Saw something called "Pandemic Fatigue" online and I believe thats what myself and my coworkers are feeling. People who were once full of energy, smiling and working hard are now burnt out.

I even went from being up, motivated to go to work and full of energy to waking up still exhausted and not wanting to deal with the bullshit at work

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
We're in the office, and usually they let us go home "early".... Except for our powers that be, that means about 15-20 minutes :rolleyes:

But they haven't said anything about early dismissal this year. No idea why not. Maybe they'll let us go at lunchtime. :laugh: But I won't hold my breath...
It is wishful thinking only because I did all my work since we are off on Friday.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I am beginning to think that all social media needs to be abolished. It's just poisonous.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
As boss I have exercised my right to close early every day and to close completely tomorrow and Friday, since I didn't get any time off other than national holidays this year (insurance is an essential business in CT and I remained open all through the lockdown just no in person contact w/clients). I'm definitely feeling burn out as I am making stupid errors (fortunately catching & correcting them in time) and in general am just tired of dealing with everything.

Reactions: HHHH and Bruinaura
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad