OT - NO POLITICS NOT home for the Holidays.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’ve come down with a cold and a throat tickle the last couple days, how long does it usually take to get Covid test results?

Not risking going to my parents and putting my dad, grandmother, and younger immuno-compromised younger sister in danger w/o a negative test

Also holy shit the rain is coming down. Haven’t seen something like this since the last tornado a year and a half ago lol

Reactions: Alicat and LSCII

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
This will literally be the first time in my life that I won't be eating Thanksgiving dinner with my parents. Freaking 2020.

Reactions: CDJ

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
I usually am with my family (which is small) .

My daughter and her BF fly in from Calif and stay for a few days (and go to the day after Thanksgiving B's game).

usually....

My older sister drives out from Western MA and stays a few days.

My little sister (GahdenRibkRat) and her husband have all of us plus my brother in law's family over. She cooks...I bake. She invited me this year (no one else ) but I work and there have been at least 19 cases of COVID at my place of employment so I won't go. She and her hubby WFH.

This year it will be me, maybe my neighbor who has no family and has been home for months and my two cats..

It sucks but I am resigned to it.

I am lucky enough (if you wanna call it that) that pretty much my entire family is very local..... as in, all within a mile radius. Good for holidays at least lol

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I’ve come down with a cold and a throat tickle the last couple days, how long does it usually take to get Covid test results?

Not risking going to my parents and putting my dad, grandmother, and younger immuno-compromised younger sister in danger w/o a negative test

Also holy shit the rain is coming down. Haven’t seen something like this since the last tornado a year and a half ago lol
Got tested in Framingham a week ago - stood in line for 2 1/2 hours but got the results the following morning

Reactions: CDJ

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
This will literally be the first time in my life that I won't be eating Thanksgiving dinner with my parents. Freaking 2020.

Same. Im 62. Have never had a Thanksgiving not at my mom’s house.
She passed away Sept 1st.
My sisters and I decided risk too high right now for some of us so we are all staying in in our own respective homes.
I also won’t have my daughter with us for the first time in her life.
Hopefully we can all get together for Christmas. But I’m not optimistic on that right now.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
my friend said its like this because alot of people are travelling or seeing other households for thanksgiving. and result would be in by wednesday.. but what if they get exposed tues or wed. hmmm. why risk going anywhere to eat a friggin turkey now.

This is so important.

Just because you test negative doesn't mean you either didn't have Covid in the past 2-5 days before testing, or won't get it after the test but before you see people.

When I saw my family a couple weeks ago I had isolated for 8 days before taking the test, and remained isolated until I got results. Even then it wasn't 100%, but considering it had been 10 days since out in public, paired with a negative test, we felt as confident as we could.

It's why I won't do anything but contactless tests going forward. Work sends a home kit which is nice. Minnesota also is sending out saliva tests to residents.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Same. Im 62. Have never had a Thanksgiving not at my mom’s house.
She passed away Sept 1st.
My sisters and I decided risk too high right now for some of us so we are all staying in in our own respective homes.
I also won’t have my daughter with us for the first time in her life.
Hopefully we can all get together for Christmas. But I’m not optimistic on that right now.
This is the longest I have gone without seeing my daughter since she was born. Sometimes I feel like I will never see her again.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
23 cases so far at my place of work...:thumbd:

stay safe!

I’m getting tested to be safe because a lot of my solar clients on the cape are on the older side of things. Would be incredibly selfish of me to put them at risk

Did just sell some panels via FaceTime though :thumbu:

Reactions: Ladyfan

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
We've got several cases at my office too. I suspect we'll be working from home again before too long. Last time they paid everybody, whether they worked or not. Don't think it will be that way next time. Thankfully I have some job security in that there is literally no one else in the company who is trained as my backup.

If I get this, they'll probably regret that. o_O

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Psh u should
Just like the Celtics should have traded Hayward to Indiana

lol I’m not doing this with you too :laugh:

I still need to check out in n out and whataburger. We only JUST had 5 guys move nearby within the last few years (and also chick-fil-a, that was amazing when that happened)

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
My work has had 2 or 3 cases, but none from transmission at work. I feel pretty safe at work, not sitting too close to anyone.

However a bunch of mechanics (like 50) are out for either Covid or possible exposure.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My work has had 2 or 3 cases, but none from transmission at work. I feel pretty safe at work, not sitting too close to anyone.

However a bunch of mechanics (like 50) are out for either Covid or possible exposure.
Thankfully I have an office and I can pretty much isolate myself at work, but we have several cube farms throughout the office. Plexiglass doesn't really do much to help there, in my opinion.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
We had a client of a fellow sales rep test positive but the person didn’t let the rep know that until after we had our weekly meeting. So they basically cancelled in person meetings again for the foreseeable future. Fortunately there wasn’t much exposure so I don’t think that did anything to anybody

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Why 'Jeopardy!' contestants tend to do so poorly with sports categories Why 'Jeopardy!' contestants tend to do so poorly with sports categories

In a recent piece for the Toronto Star, Alex Wong explored why Jeopardy! contestants, who seemingly know at least a little bit about everything, were so bad at sports topics. Sure, there’s the stereotype that “nerds” don’t know anything about sports. Or is it silly to assume that somebody who happens to know each of the vice presidents throughout history should also know that a football kicked between the goalposts is called a field goal?

Wong talked to Justin Earnshaw, one of the contestants on a February 2018 episode that had a clip go viral when none of them could answer the clues in a football category. Neither of them even buzzed in with an attempt.

“My mom, who was in the audience for the taping, is obsessed with American football,” Earnshaw told Wong. “As soon as I stepped off the stage, she gave me a little bit of hell in the most loving way.”

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I always make sure to threaten to jam the contestants in a locker when they don’t attempt an answer on sports. NERDS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->