Not A Miracle Season

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Hey all. Long time forum member, and now a hockey writer. I've been working for a few months now to get my writing ability up to the point where it is worth showing off. I feel like this is a good article to start in on here, and I'm not going to post to many articles on here, just ones that should provide a good read. Well, here we go, why this season should be the expectation, not a miracle run.

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/06/tampa-bays-season-no-miracle/

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Hey all. Long time forum member, and now a hockey writer. I've been working for a few months now to get my writing ability up to the point where it is worth showing off. I feel like this is a good article to start in on here, and I'm not going to post to many articles on here, just ones that should provide a good read. Well, here we go, why this season should be the expectation, not a miracle run.

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/06/tampa-bays-season-no-miracle/

Unlike some of the other posts I've seen by writers who come in here to "show off" their articles, this one is pretty damn good.

You hit all the correct points and honestly gave a fair assessment of the Bolts. Guess it helps you're from Tampa! ;)

On another note, the Hawks weren't joking when they said we're going to do for the next 6 years, what they did for the last 6.

Tampa will be a serious contender for the next half decade, probably the next decade entirely.

Keep it up Eugene!

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Glad to hear you all like it so far. The big reason why I started writing was because I was tired of hearing all of the mis information on this team. Its a small media outlet, but its a start. I've been a fan of this team for a long time, I've been to a lot of games and I use the forums to help build my knowledge. We might not always agree on everything (I'm still in the "We should have drafted Seth Jones" corner) but hey, opinions are opinions. I will try to get the facts right on this team. If I don't know, I will come here to ask haha.

Crossbars77

Apr 28, 2015
Winter Park FL
Nice article. The Lightning could have won it all this year, but this may be the first article I've read that acknowledges how they kept just slightly exceeding most fans' expectations, and probably those of Cooper & Yzerman as well. We can see how they're building to be perennial contenders. I'd like to see an in-depth article about what happens once a kid gets drafted by the Lightning, although this information may be better kept under wraps. A look at a typical Lightning draft pick's performance and stats in his ensuing years shows that they're doing something exceptional in development.

Last edited:

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Nice article. The Lightning could have won it all this year, but this may be the first article I've read that acknowledges how they kept just slightly exceeding most fans' expectations, and probably those of Cooper & Yzerman as well. We can see how they're building to be perennial contenders. I'd like to see an in-depth article about what happens once a kid gets drafted by the Lightning, although this information may be better kept under wraps. A look at a typical Lightning draft pick's performance and stats in his ensuing years shows that they're doing something exceptional in development.

I'll keep that in mind for an article. Maybe I'll single out a player like DeAngelo whose about to start his pro career, or Koekoek whose had much more of a time getting it started.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad