petrocelli

I love the Draft!!
Jan 5, 2009
So I was just sent this by the great Nostradamus.. He says:

1. Devils: Adam Larsson
2. Oilers: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
3. Senators: Gabriel Landeskog
4. Islanders: Sean Couturier

As an Islanders fan, I think if we pick 4th, Couturier is the worst fit of the top 4 players..... Couturier is a slow elite skill centerman that thinks the game well... We kinda have the slow/heady centerman type in Tavares.... they both seem most comfortable as centerman, so I can't see them playing on the same line... The other three players bring a type of game that the Islanders are lacking and could desperately use..

If the Islanders were in the 4th spot with Larsson, RNH and Landeskog already taken, can you see them trading down two or three spots to a team looking at Couturier and adding another pick/player?

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver

As an Islanders fan, I think if we pick 4th, Couturier is the worst fit of the top 4 players..... Couturier is a slow elite skill centerman that thinks the game well... We kinda have the slow/heady centerman type in Tavares.... they both seem most comfortable as centerman, so I can't see them playing on the same line... The other three players bring a type of game that the Islanders are lacking and could desperately use..

If the Islanders were in the 4th spot with Larsson, RNH and Landeskog already taken, can you see them trading down two or three spots to a team looking at Couturier and adding another pick/player?
Hmmm, this draft order for the "big 4" looks strangely familiar . . . is Bob McKenzie is going by "Nostradamus" now?

Anyways, if the Isles pick 4th and Larsson/RNH/Landeskog go in the first 3 picks, I think they'd probably just stick with Couturier. They need talent, period, and it's not like having 2 great Cs is any kind of problem.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008

I receive a message from him too but the order is

1st. New Jersey- Larsson
2nd.Boston (Toronto) - Gabriel Landeskog
3rd. Ottawa-Sean Couturier
4th. Edmonton-Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON

I know his skating isn't up to par with the other top draft eligible players but you really think he's slow?
I think Couturier on LW playing with Tavares and Okposo would be a great fit. Hell, even if they keep him at C I think he's a better option there then Bailey.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I'm going to go on record with my belief that the Devils will not finish last overall. In fact, I think they'll end up out of the lottery when all is said and done.

4Isles4*

I'm going to go on record with my belief that the Devils will not finish last overall. In fact, I think they'll end up out of the lottery when all is said and done.

I dnt kno if Id say they get out of the lottery......tthey have been playing better though.....I ws really high on Landeskog but after watching the prospects game S.C is better than i thought....everyone makes it seem like hes slow and cant skate but i didnt see that......He blew down the ice a scored and looked real quick...ikno its only one game but it is against the best in the CHL.....

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

From your mouth to the Hockey Gods' ears...

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
The lottery may look a little different come draft day. The Sens have actually been losing games lately that they deserve to win and the last time Spezza came back from injury he went on a tear and so did the team.

Top 3 pick plz

MPStoEberletoHall*

Larson, Landeskog, Coutier then RNH... That will be the order.. Just watch

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
The Oilers wont be taking Nugent-Hopkins. They already have a small centre in Sam Gagner. If Couturier is available thats who they'll be drafting.

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
Really doubt Larsson goes no. 1, regardless of who makes the pick. Top 5 for sure, but doesn't seem likely he'll be 1st overall.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site

I was hoping they would still have a shot at the playoffs, but I looked at it and they need to win something like 15 games in a row just to get to .500. I really think they will have a lottery pick this year.

GDU

Dec 19, 2008
to oilers: mark streit, 4th overall

to isles: alex plante, 2nd overall

isles take landeskog, oilers take couturier or RNH...

GDU

Dec 19, 2008
If Edmonton or Jersey get the first overall pick Larsson is definitely going first.

edmonton really likes players from the whl and RNH is western canadian... dont be shocked if they take him over larsson, just sayin

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
to oilers: mark streit, 4th overall

to isles: alex plante, 2nd overall

isles take landeskog, oilers take couturier or RNH...

In your dreams. That's like saying...

to NYI: Ryan Whitney, 4th overall

to EDM: Aaron Ness, 2nd overall.

How does that sound to you? Plus Couturier and RNH are going before Landeskog.

OF17

Dec 2, 2007
en France
guess you missed the prospects game last night...RNH is faster, bigger and better than Gagner at 17

I think they pick him over Couturier

Given the Oilers' affinity for skilled 2-way players with size, I would be shocked if they pass on Couturier for RNH. Couturier is exactly what the Oilers like in a prospect, save his average skating of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad