Nostalgic video game music

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

Age of Mythology is such an underrated game, played the shit outta that game when I was younger, I still remember a lot of the cheat codes by heart lol.
Age of Mythology is what taught me about the Trojan War when i was a teenager.
Hopefully like they did the 4K complete remake Age of Empires 2 Age of Kings they'll do a 4K remake of Age of Mythology. I would pay 100$ for it.
Total War Troy had a chance to follow in Age of Mythology's footsteps but instead they chose humanoid minotaurs which is just men wearing minotaur cosplay on the battlefield, basicly no mythology units of any kind. Troy - Total War such a let down.

At least Age Of Empires 3 4K definitive Edition comes out next month.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Age of Mythology is what taught me about the Trojan War when i was a teenager.
Hopefully like they did the 4K complete remake Age of Empires 2 Age of Kings they'll do a 4K remake of Age of Mythology. I would pay 100$ for it.
Total War Troy had a chance to follow in Age of Mythology's footsteps but instead they chose humanoid minotaurs which is just men wearing minotaur cosplay on the battlefield, basicly no mythology units of any kind. Troy - Total War such a let down.

At least Age Of Empires 3 4K definitive Edition comes out next month.
Same here, it absolutely sparked my interest in mythology, particularly Norse and Egyptian.

I agree, f there were a remake of AoM, I would pay a hefty price for it.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014

This game, and Mi'hen Highway specifically, hits especially hard for me. I have so many warm, fond memories from this game as a child, especially the music. Really symbolic track of when the game really opens up.

I was 10 years old when this game was released. I remember I looking at the video games in the electronics section of K-Mart as a kid. I was already into Final Fantasy 7 and 8 at this point thanks to my parents, but didn't know a new one came out for ps2. Some bigger person (probably an adult) came up and started looking at games also. He pointed out to me that the new Final Fantasy X was up on a higher rack that I couldn't see and the rest is history. I've probably played through this 15-20 times.

This is another one of my favorite tracks. Sometimes I'll play it just to relax and get some positive vibes going on a hectic day.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Another series that I have very fond memories from. I feel that MGS3 was somewhat of an apex for the series in terms of gameplay, balanced weaponry, boss battles, and the storyline. I get goosebumps everytime I hear this one.

Reactions: NinjaKick

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I played Hollow Knight a little over 3 years ago. I still listen to the OST regularly, and every time I do it takes me back to my obsession with the game. The music is just as much of a character as the world and Hollow Knight himself.

Reactions: NinjaKick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad