Norwegians hates Sweden? Am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daltonbror*

Hello all!

I was visiting a norwegian hockey forum just to see what they discuss and I was suprised by all the hate posts againts Sweden.

I dont wanna make this a political thread but it seems to me that the norwegians are'nt aware what Sweden has done for norwegian hockey?

I visited the forum after the world juniors and comments like:

- "YES! Sweden did not win the gold! USA USA USA!!"

- "I love the fact that we only can watch the tournament on swedish television so we can hear the disapointed commentators!"

and so on...

I only had good meetings with norwegians but this got me confused, is this a common thing in Norway? Obviously I know not all norwegians are like this but it was a big majority of the people on the forum I visited who posted things like this!?

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Well the swedish newspaper aftonbladet wrote an article about Patrick Thoresen and the journalist argued that he shouldnt be on the whc all star team. So the swedes are just as bad as us norwegians. Its the war of words :cf:

Daltonbror*

Well the swedish newspaper aftonbladet wrote an article about Patrick Thoresen and the journalist argued that he shouldnt be on the whc all star team. So the swedes are just as bad as us norwegians. Its the war of words :cf:

Well I think that's a little different, I mean to cheer when Sweden loses a game is a far leap from arguing why a player should'nt be on the all-star team? If Sweden would stop developing young norwegians hockey in Norway would'nt be much better than in Romania. Do you see my point?

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Well I think that's a little different, I mean to cheer when Sweden loses a game is a far leap from arguing why a player should'nt be on the all-star team? If Sweden would stop developing young norwegians hockey in Norway would'nt be much better than in Romania. Do you see my point?

Not rly. First of all not all norwegian top players developed in Sweden. Tollefsen moved from Norway to NA and developed in NA. After his NHL career he moved to Sweden. Thoresen developed in QMJHL and they turned him into a star. Mathis Olimb played first in DEL and did great there and then Frølunda signed him. Volden went to Finland and are now playing lots of games in SM liga. Haugen got his international breakthrough in the 2011 whc. Now he is dynamo minsks best goalie, even better than Pekka Rinne. Is thats thanks to Sweden? So we would be miles ahead of Romania even without Sweden.

And the swedes dosent buy norwegian players to be nice. They does it because the NHL, AHL, NLA and KHL are signing all their best players. So the swedish clubs must look for talented players outside sweden. And they are doing a great job. WOnt argue on that.

And one last thing. The swedes are just as "mean" to us norwegians as we are to them. Sweden, Denmark and Norway are old rivals in sport.

Metalcommand

Mar 3, 2010
Sweden is like big brother of Norway and Finland. They both like to see Sweden lose and even better if they can beat Sweden. Then they gloat etc.

When Sweden loses they just are pure class ''good game, congratulations I am happy for you'', just like a big brother who lost to his little brother would.

That's what makes then all the more infuriating ;)

Daltonbror*

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting your rival neighbour country to lose? :laugh:

Ofc not but when people from Norway are watching SWEDEN play a game they would'nt ever had heard of if it was'nt for SWEDEN on SWEDISH television I think it has gone a little too far, I mean if Norway would had been in the wjc this year i could understand but I just cant see the point of mocking and praying for disaster against someone who is clearly better and more developed than yourself, that's what I'm trying to get the answer to

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Hello all!

I was visiting a norwegian hockey forum just to see what they discuss and I was suprised by all the hate posts againts Sweden.

I dont wanna make this a political thread but it seems to me that the norwegians are'nt aware what Sweden has done for norwegian hockey?

I visited the forum after the world juniors and comments like:

- "YES! Sweden did not win the gold! USA USA USA!!"

- "I love the fact that we only can watch the tournament on swedish television so we can hear the disapointed commentators!"

and so on...

I only had good meetings with norwegians but this got me confused, is this a common thing in Norway? Obviously I know not all norwegians are like this but it was a big majority of the people on the forum I visited who posted things like this!?

Well.

Norway and Sweden have a crazy friendship-rivalry.

If it's a competition with Norway and Sweden in it. It's war!
If it's a competition with only Sweden in it, it depends on the opponents if we want them to win or fail. It's about attitude really.

But when the night falls, Norwegians and swedes will most likely rescue each other out of difficult situations and celebrate around a bonfire when it's all over.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Well.

If it's a competition with only Sweden in it, it depends on the opponents if we want them to win or fail. It's about attitude really.

But when the night falls, Norwegians and swedes will most likely rescue each other out of difficult situations and celebrate around a bonfire when it's all over.

1) Well if its Sweden- Denmark it dosent matter ;)

2) Hmmm hmmmm im not sure about that. I cant picture myself rescuing a "party swede" when he is about to be beaten by an angry norwegian. :laugh:

Personally i prefer the war against Sweden and Denmark :cf:

Hockey is not a game, its war :cf: :nod:

Daltonbror*

Well.

But is'nt it a little ironic though? When Norway advanced from their world juniors the swedes almost did'nt notice but when Sweden are playing games Norwegians pray for a swedish loss? I mean, you do have the second best swedish defencemen of all time as your profilepic ;)

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
But is'nt it a little ironic though? When Norway advanced from their world juniors the swedes almost did'nt notice but when Sweden are playing games Norwegians pray for a swedish loss? I mean, you do have the second best swedish defencemen of all time as your profilepic ;)

Its friendly "hate".
I guess you are a swede yourself? You should understand. I don't see many Swede's who root for Petter Northug jr in cross country skiing :)

Every Norwegian knows we need Swedish players, or else there would not be a GET league. And we root for The Swedes and love them for doing good on our local teams.

Daltonbror*

Its friendly "hate".
I guess you are a swede yourself? You should understand. I don't see many Swede's who root for Petter Northug jr in cross country skiing :)

Every Norwegian knows we need Swedish players, or else there would not be a GET league. And we root for The Swedes and love them for doing good on our local teams.

Ofc we dont like Northugg, he called the swedish king pig? In football (soccer) some norwegians still claims that Carew is better than Zlatan, that's a perfect example of "lillebrorskomplex" ^^

KennyPowers9

Jan 2, 2013
Göteborg
They can hate us how much they want, last time I checked (today) they had ZERO players in the NHL while we had 52 (so far) contracted players.
good work Norway :handclap:

The lucky, arrogant oilfinding people can sit with their lusekofta and eat their fish and cheer for their Northug while we enjoy watching true rivalry games against denmark in football and finland in hockey. Women`s handball and cross-country skiing, thats about it what they are better than Sweden in sports but norwegians seroiusly believes they are a better sportnation :laugh:
Worth mentioning is that I am 50 percent norwegian, but the last years I´ve started to like Denmark more. The littlebrother complex is too much, it´s really pathetic sometimes. You don´t see it as much from the danes. In my opinion Danes are more humble and not so narrow-minded. One word to describe Norway: laziness....

Daltonbror*

They can hate us how much they want, last time I checked (today) they had ZERO players in the NHL while we had 52 (so far) contracted players.

The lucky, arrogant oilfinding people can sit with their lusekofta and eat their fish and cheer for their Northug while we enjoy watching true rivalry games against denmark in football and finland in hockey. Women`s handball and cross-country skiing, thats about it what they are better than Sweden in sports but norwegians seroiusly believes they are a better sportnation :laugh:
Worth mentioning is that I am 50 percent norwegian, but the last years I´ve started to like Denmark more. The littlebrother complex is too much, it´s really pathetic sometimes. You don´t see it as much from the danes. In my opinion Danes are more humble and not so narrow-minded. One word to describe Norway: laziness....

They even watch swedish television haha

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town

We are(Norway is) better than Sweden in wrc rally, chess, speed skating, curling, road bicycling (tour de france, giro etc), snowboard and individual winter sport in general. So whos narrow-minded and *****ing. U swedes started this thread and keep on *****ing and whining.

The fact is that u cant stand the recent success of the norwegian national hockey team. Wennerholms articles in aftonbladet proves my point.

And what kind of hate are u talking about? Thousands of swedes live and work in Norway and if we norwegians were so damn hateful people, then im sure those swedes wouldve complained, but the fact is that they are happy to live here. Because Norway is rich and norwegians are open minded. Thats a fact! In fact it seems like the whole world wants to live and work in Norway, since Oslo is one of the fastest growing cities in Europe.

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
Swedes always support the countries around us when we aren't playing them, loving all the gratitude ;))))

also who the "¤%& is patrik thoresen? How does some aftonblad reporter writing about him equal swedes not wanting norweigans to win?

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Swedes always support the countries around us when we aren't playing them, loving all the gratitude ;))))

also who the "¤%& is patrik thoresen? How does some aftonblad reporter writing about him equal swedes not wanting norweigans to win?

1) Second best sniper last whc. 5 points in 4 games last olympics. Thoresen is the only true two- way forward on our team.

2) Aftonbladet the biggest newspaper in Sweden. Their journalist believed that Loui Eriksson shouldve been on the all star team instead of Thoresen, which is an insult to norwegian hockey fans. Thoresen played better than eriksson in the 2012 whc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me put it this way. U swedes demand respect from Norway, while your journalists mocks norwegian hockey and norwegian hockey players. In 2011 Wennerholm had to wear a lusekofte because of his stupid comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad