North-Eastern division future stars ??

• Thread starter KaptainKourage*
  • Start date

KaptainKourage*

Who will be the big names on north eastern division in 5 years on each teams ? Some players will still be here in 5 years like Spezza, Markov, Steen, Briere (well if he dont fall UFA), Bergeron...

For the goalies : Raycroft, Toivonen, Price, Miller & Emery. I would rank them like that :

1- Miller
2- Toivonen
3- Price
4- Raycroft
5- Emery (I really cant see him still be around in 5 years.. hope Sens will grab a good goalie in the next draft or they are in big trouble, Gerber will be done in 2011)

At defence... Markov-Komisarek/Kaberle-Colaiacovo/Redden-Meszjaros/Campbell-Kalinin/Chara-Jurcina. I would rank them like that :

1- Redden/Meszjaros (Redden will still have some good year ahead of him while Meszjaros will reach his peak)
2- Markov/Komisarek (Amazing duo IMO)
3- Kaberle/Colaiacovo (Im not high on Colaiacovo. Not at all.)
4- Chara/Jurcina (Want to see what Chara will do without Redden, dont see much of Jurcina before)
5- Kalinin/Campbell (Ok 1st pairing, nothing more, hope they will sign a good UFA at D soon. )

Forwards... Hard to compare, so many good prospects on each teams. I'll try to rank them :

1- Boston (Special K squad + Bergeron and Boyes. Now that scary. )
2- Ottawa (Alfredsson will be old, Heatley & Spezza will remains an amazing duo though. Kaigorodov may be better than some people think)
3- Buffalo (solid group of young forwards lead by Briere, Afingoenov & Vanek)
4- Montreal*
5- Toronto*
*(Montreal is ahead of Toronto but not by far. I think their NHL ready prospect are similar with Higgins, Plekanec - Steen, Stajan but Habs have much more better prospects in the organization/farm with Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Grabovski. Also, Ryder by far better than Wellwood, Koivu younger than Sundin. )

Overall ranking :
Wow. Now that hard...

1- Boston (I hate them. I hate them. I hate them. I HATE THEM. But they have a very good young core.)
2- Ottawa (They wont be better in 5 years but they will still be an elite team. Still no Cup though. )
3- Montreal (Dont want to sounds like a homer but I am high on much of our prospects and we may ends in top 6 of the conference for years to come)
4- Buffalo (Will fight for playoff spot every years. )
5- Toronto (Surprising, from a Habs fan eh ? )

Discuss.

PS : If mods think this topic should be on NHL General talk... just move it i dont mind...

Last edited by a moderator:

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
1- Boston (I hate them. I hate them. I hate them. I HATE THEM. But they have a very good young core.)

Agree 100% Kalus Karsums and Krejci and now Kessel will be fun to watch in a few years :bow:

KaptainKourage*

Agree 100% Kalus Karsums and Krejci and now Kessel will be fun to watch in a few years :bow:

I except one to be under exceptions though. I dont know why. Karsums is the real deal though.

And in 5 years, I think people will define Kessel as the best player of the 2006 draft. Yep, I said it. Now people on HFBoards will kill me, good things that they dont have any Blues, Hawks & Caps fans on this board :sarcasm: .

syc

Aug 25, 2003
Not Europe
Visit site
For the goalies : Raycroft, Toivonen, Price, Miller & Emery. I would rank them like that :

1- Miller
2- Toivonen
3- Price
4- Raycroft
5- Emery (I really cant see him still be around in 5 years.. hope Sens will grab a good goalie in the next draft or they are in big trouble, Gerber will be done in 2011)

Replace Price with Rask.

KaptainKourage*

Replace Price with Rask.

Haha. :biglaugh:
Toivonen better than Rask, Rask is likely to be traded away as soon as Bruins realize Toivonen is '' the real deal '' IMO.

And you ask me to replace Price with Rask... so Price would be behind guys like Emery & Raycroft ? :help:

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
i think the ranking of the best young talent in the northeast is

1. ottawa (heatley, spezza, meszaros, vermette, eaves)
2. boston (kessel, boyes, bergeron, jurcina, toivonen)
3. buffalo (vanek, roy, miller, stafford, pominville)
4. montreal (price, higgins, kostitsyn, latendresse, komisarek)
5. toronto (steen, stajan, suglobov, pogge, colaiacovo)

Last edited:

KaptainKourage*

5. toronto (steen, stajan, suglobov, rask, colaiacovo)

The thing is that a team need a true #1 goalie to be the best team of a division. So yes, maybe Ottawa have the best bunch of young talent but they wont do anything if they dont find a better goalie than Emery.

Montreal, Buffalo, Boston have good depth at goalie position and a true number 1 tender. Leafs may too with Pogge.. he is between boom and bust IMO, but they really make a big mistake in trading Rask... But Ottawa ? Kelly Guard ?? Eww

Prospector

Aug 28, 2004

5. toronto (steen, stajan, suglobov, rask, colaiacovo)

I agree with you, but Rask is not with Toronto... ;)

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Toivonen better than Rask, Rask is likely to be traded away as soon as Bruins realize Toivonen is '' the real deal '' IMO.

And you ask me to replace Price with Rask... so Price would be behind guys like Emery & Raycroft ? :help:

Toivonen is better than Price and Rask, but Rask IMO will turn out better than Price.
Toronto still have Pogge ;).

Oleg Freakin Saprykin.

KaptainKourage*

Toivonen is better than Price and Rask, but Rask IMO will turn out better than Price.
Toronto still have Pogge ;).

Oleg Freakin Saprykin.

I hate you :cry:
For Rask, I dont know.. I dont see him play much but I saw some games from Price and he really impress me... I think Price will turn into a better goalie than Rask, but I also think Rask will be an awesome goalie but ... not in the N.E.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
I hate you :cry:
For Rask, I dont know.. I dont see him play much but I saw some games from Price and he really impress me... I think Price will turn into a better goalie than Rask, but I also think Rask will be an awesome goalie but ... not in the N.E.

Rask is awesome. But not as awesome as Oleg Freakin Saprykin.

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006
At defence... Markov-Komisarek/Kaberle-Colaiacovo/Redden-Meszjaros/Campbell-Kalinin/Chara-Jurcina.

Campbell and Kalinin are both UFA in two years and they probably are the #4 and #5 defensemen. Lydman-Tallinder is definitely the top pairing, and both are signed for 4 years.

KaptainKourage*

Campbell and Kalinin are both UFA in two years and they probably are the #4 and #5 defensemen. Lydman-Tallinder is definitely the top pairing, and both are signed for 4 years.

Ick.

Pangu

Jun 20, 2005
The goalie rankings give little consideration to age, which can be significant for young goalies. Emery is as good or better then Miller at the same age, while Toivenan beats them both badly. Raycroft is still a questionmark with respect to his inconsistency.

The Sens also have a goalie in the US college system that did quite well last year.

mooseOAK*

Ryder by far better than Wellwood

I think that you misspelled "older".

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Perhaps its just me, but, I'm trying to figure out the purpose of this thread. Is it to determine who will have the best team, assuming there is no changes are made? Or, is it to measure the best prospect/young player pool of each team?

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
The goalie rankings give little consideration to age, which can be significant for young goalies. Emery is as good or better then Miller at the same age, while Toivenan beats them both badly. Raycroft is still a questionmark with respect to his inconsistency.

But in 5 years it's not like Miller will be past his prime, he will be right in the middle of his prime.

I don't want to sound like a homer but I find it surprising that you have Buffalo 4th overall in the division. They don't have the high end prospects that other teams in the NE have but they have a solid young core that should be around for a while. They've got Connolly, Roy, Pominville, Gaustad, Paille (part time), Vanek, Campbell, Tallinder, Kalinin, and Miller who were all in their starting line-up last year who are all 26 or younger. Overall you did a pretty good job though, good read.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003

Price is definitely behind Rask, Pogge, Toivonen.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
On a side note, I think the habs have amazing prospect depth but they don't even have one potential impact player. I think we will never be on top of the division until we can grab one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad