North-Eastern division future stars ??

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by KaptainKourage*, Sep 3, 2006.

View Users: View Users
  1. Who will be the big names on north eastern division in 5 years on each teams ? Some players will still be here in 5 years like Spezza, Markov, Steen, Briere (well if he dont fall UFA), Bergeron...

For the goalies : Raycroft, Toivonen, Price, Miller & Emery. I would rank them like that :

1- Miller
    2- Toivonen
    3- Price
    4- Raycroft
    5- Emery (I really cant see him still be around in 5 years.. hope Sens will grab a good goalie in the next draft or they are in big trouble, Gerber will be done in 2011)

At defence... Markov-Komisarek/Kaberle-Colaiacovo/Redden-Meszjaros/Campbell-Kalinin/Chara-Jurcina. I would rank them like that :

1- Redden/Meszjaros (Redden will still have some good year ahead of him while Meszjaros will reach his peak)
    2- Markov/Komisarek (Amazing duo IMO)
    3- Kaberle/Colaiacovo (Im not high on Colaiacovo. Not at all.)
    4- Chara/Jurcina (Want to see what Chara will do without Redden, dont see much of Jurcina before)
    5- Kalinin/Campbell (Ok 1st pairing, nothing more, hope they will sign a good UFA at D soon. )

Forwards... Hard to compare, so many good prospects on each teams. I'll try to rank them :

1- Boston (Special K squad + Bergeron and Boyes. Now that scary. )
    2- Ottawa (Alfredsson will be old, Heatley & Spezza will remains an amazing duo though. Kaigorodov may be better than some people think)
    3- Buffalo (solid group of young forwards lead by Briere, Afingoenov & Vanek)
    4- Montreal*
    5- Toronto*
    *(Montreal is ahead of Toronto but not by far. I think their NHL ready prospect are similar with Higgins, Plekanec - Steen, Stajan but Habs have much more better prospects in the organization/farm with Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Grabovski. Also, Ryder by far better than Wellwood, Koivu younger than Sundin. )

Overall ranking :
    Wow. Now that hard...

1- Boston (I hate them. I hate them. I hate them. I HATE THEM. But they have a very good young core.)
    2- Ottawa (They wont be better in 5 years but they will still be an elite team. Still no Cup though. )
    3- Montreal (Dont want to sounds like a homer but I am high on much of our prospects and we may ends in top 6 of the conference for years to come)
    4- Buffalo (Will fight for playoff spot every years. )
    5- Toronto (Surprising, from a Habs fan eh ? )

Discuss.

PS : If mods think this topic should be on NHL General talk... just move it i dont mind...

Last edited by moderator : Sep 3, 2006
  2. 13Hockey

13Hockey Go B's

Agree 100% Kalus Karsums and Krejci and now Kessel will be fun to watch in a few years :bow:

3. I except one to be under exceptions though. I dont know why. Karsums is the real deal though.

And in 5 years, I think people will define Kessel as the best player of the 2006 draft. Yep, I said it. Now people on HFBoards will kill me, good things that they dont have any Blues, Hawks & Caps fans on this board :sarcasm: .

4. syc

syc Registered User

Home Page:
    Replace Price with Rask.

5. Haha. :biglaugh:
    Toivonen better than Rask, Rask is likely to be traded away as soon as Bruins realize Toivonen is '' the real deal '' IMO.

And you ask me to replace Price with Rask... so Price would be behind guys like Emery & Raycroft ? :help:

6. Luigi Lemieux

Luigi Lemieux Registered User

i think the ranking of the best young talent in the northeast is

1. ottawa (heatley, spezza, meszaros, vermette, eaves)
    2. boston (kessel, boyes, bergeron, jurcina, toivonen)
    3. buffalo (vanek, roy, miller, stafford, pominville)
    4. montreal (price, higgins, kostitsyn, latendresse, komisarek)
    5. toronto (steen, stajan, suglobov, pogge, colaiacovo)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  7. The thing is that a team need a true #1 goalie to be the best team of a division. So yes, maybe Ottawa have the best bunch of young talent but they wont do anything if they dont find a better goalie than Emery.

Montreal, Buffalo, Boston have good depth at goalie position and a true number 1 tender. Leafs may too with Pogge.. he is between boom and bust IMO, but they really make a big mistake in trading Rask... But Ottawa ? Kelly Guard ?? Eww

8. Prospector

Prospector Registered User

I agree with you, but Rask is not with Toronto... ;)

9. J17 Vs Proclamation

J17 Vs Proclamation Registered User

College baby!
    Toivonen is better than Price and Rask, but Rask IMO will turn out better than Price.
    Toronto still have Pogge ;).

Oleg Freakin Saprykin.

10. Luigi Lemieux

Luigi Lemieux Registered User

hmm, yea i forgot. i'll change it to pogge.

11. I hate you :cry:
    For Rask, I dont know.. I dont see him play much but I saw some games from Price and he really impress me... I think Price will turn into a better goalie than Rask, but I also think Rask will be an awesome goalie but ... not in the N.E.

12. J17 Vs Proclamation

College baby!
    Rask is awesome. But not as awesome as Oleg Freakin Saprykin.

13. Your a little dirty b... B... .I HATE YOU

14. J17 Vs Proclamation

College baby!
    Yeah, but Oleg is just that awesome. He is so awesome i don't want to take him away from you.

15. Meichel Kane

Meichel Kane My Name Is

Campbell and Kalinin are both UFA in two years and they probably are the #4 and #5 defensemen. Lydman-Tallinder is definitely the top pairing, and both are signed for 4 years.

16. Ick.

17. Pangu

Pangu Registered User

The goalie rankings give little consideration to age, which can be significant for young goalies. Emery is as good or better then Miller at the same age, while Toivenan beats them both badly. Raycroft is still a questionmark with respect to his inconsistency.

The Sens also have a goalie in the US college system that did quite well last year.

18. Mess

Mess Global Moderator

Home Page:
    I believe he is saying Montreal should have drafted Rask instead of Price when they had a chance ..

Personally I think he is right .

19. mooseOAK*

mooseOAK* Guest

Ryder by far better than Wellwood

I think that you misspelled "older".

20. discostu

discostu Registered User

Home Page:
    Perhaps its just me, but, I'm trying to figure out the purpose of this thread. Is it to determine who will have the best team, assuming there is no changes are made? Or, is it to measure the best prospect/young player pool of each team?

21. Buffalo87

Buffalo87 thehosers dot com

But in 5 years it's not like Miller will be past his prime, he will be right in the middle of his prime.

I don't want to sound like a homer but I find it surprising that you have Buffalo 4th overall in the division. They don't have the high end prospects that other teams in the NE have but they have a solid young core that should be around for a while. They've got Connolly, Roy, Pominville, Gaustad, Paille (part time), Vanek, Campbell, Tallinder, Kalinin, and Miller who were all in their starting line-up last year who are all 26 or younger. Overall you did a pretty good job though, good read.

22. Charge_Seven

Charge_Seven Registered User

Price is definitely behind Rask, Pogge, Toivonen.

23. ChemiseBleuHonnete

ChemiseBleuHonnete Registered User

On a side note, I think the habs have amazing prospect depth but they don't even have one potential impact player. I think we will never be on top of the division until we can grab one.

24. Abyss

Abyss GO BRUINS

Designer
    Don't forget Backlund for the Canadiens

:sarcasm:

25. MOC is not our GM, and we are not the Bruins. We wont trade away our best player for ending last and hope to draft Johnson. :biglaugh: