Series Talk: North Division Round 1: Leafs (1) vs. Canadiens (4) II

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Why did I just see on the city news ticker that the leafs have recalled Martin Marincin from the Marlies??? :eek:

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
Honestly the lineup is probably exactly what I would have gone with. The only bit I'm unsure about is Nash on 3C. I liked our third line's speed, but we'll see how she goes.

I like the PP changes. Sandin as QB should be better than Rielly hopefully.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Honestly the lineup is probably exactly what I would have gone with. The only bit I'm unsure about is Nash on 3C. I liked our third line's speed, but we'll see how she goes.

I like the PP changes. Sandin as QB should be better than Rielly hopefully.

That's perhaps where they want Nash to fit in "long" term, so makes sense to practice and start like that. If he's really struggling then I wouldn't see any issues swapping him with Spezza.

EDIT: Somehow I conflated your post with thinking it might be too early to have him on the 3rd line coming back from injury on a new team.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015

Obviously Mitch and Hyman are on the PP there so it's hard for them to also practice the PK, but I wonder if their PK time will drop now with a Foligno/Nash pair here now.

PP units are trash.

First unit has two shooting threats I guess. But you’ve got Jumbo there to kill the play.

Second one has a decent amount of shooting threats, but you’ve got Rielly there to make sure nothing gets done.

It’s really pathetic how they haven’t been able to figure this out.

Outside of that, I like the look of the lines. Hopefully we just stay off the special teams and keep it 5v5.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Don't know why Thornton is on the PP. Hyman is already there to be the screen. Joe isn't the passer he was 10 years ago. Would rather see Kerfoot, Foligno or Simmonds on that line.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Don't know why Thornton is on the PP. Hyman is already there to be the screen. Joe isn't the passer he was 10 years ago. Would rather see Kerfoot, Foligno or Simmonds on that line.

I dunno man. When I think of Kerfoot and Simmonds on the PP, I get traumatic flashbacks of odd man rushes where we don't even get a shot on goal.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
That PP will be stopped by the blueline alone.

Honestly, we might win a series or two, but we won't go far without PP. No one did that in history.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I dunno man. When I think of Kerfoot and Simmonds on the PP, I get traumatic flashbacks of odd man rushes where we don't even get a shot on goal.
I get flashbacks of Rielly trying to defend a 2 on 1. It isn't pretty. At this point, maybe just load up PP1. 5 forwards even. Keep them out there the entire 2 minutes. Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander and Hyman/Spezza.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
PP units are trash.

First unit has two shooting threats I guess. But you’ve got Jumbo there to kill the play.

Second one has a decent amount of shooting threats, but you’ve got Rielly there to make sure nothing gets done.

It’s really pathetic how they haven’t been able to figure this out.

Outside of that, I like the look of the lines. Hopefully we just stay off the special teams and keep it 5v5.

PP then goes on to score multiple goals in the series... :laugh: Just to jinx such statements.. then again, maybe my statement was the jinx... oh crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->