North Division playoff teams

Who will be the 4 playoff teams in the Canadian division?

• Toronto

Votes: 293 95.8%
  • Ottawa

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Montreal

Votes: 210 68.6%
  • Winnipeg

Votes: 170 55.6%
  • Edmonton

Votes: 193 63.1%
  • Calgary

Votes: 229 74.8%
  • Vancouver

Votes: 88 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Never read too much into anomalous playoffs runs that are wildly different than regular season results.

Unless they come out of nowhere to win the cup as MTL seems to do from time to time.

I want to play MTL in the playoffs so bad, hopefully this is the year!

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
It's funny because the habs are playing their absolute best, and we still have more wins than them lmao.

I know we played one more game, but still funny.

Reactions: zeke

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Saw that 7-1 scoreline from yesterday and thought the Vancouver top line finally broke out of their slump but then I hear they were held pointless and struggled? Better hope they get moving soon cause you cant count on the elite offensive talents of Sutter and Motte to steal games for you every night. The really good news for Canucks fans is that Demko saved 35 in a game where Vancouver was not nearly as dominant as the scoreline suggests

In a way, maybe it does make sense the bottom lines tore it up. If Benning does end up getting fired, they are gonna be next on the chopping block.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Been 27yrs for mtl. Thats a long time to time.

Well since we last played them in the playoffs, they've won the cup twice after an unremarkable season. I'm not timing it or anything but I just can't help but notice and wish it was us instead of them (as it very well could have been in 1993).

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
I think Winnipeg can be the scariest team to face in the playoffs. They have a ton of talent upfront - Wheeler, Scheif, Connor, Ehlers, Dubois plus a Vezina calibre goalie.

If they could ever get their defense figured out, they'd be deadly.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Me too ... even if it is round 1 so be it ... lets get it on

I remember the last series of Toronto vs Montreal like it was yesterday. Still leaves a bitter taste to this day.

April 22, 1979

Dave "Tiger" Williams controversial high sticking penalty in OT against Larry Robinson ends the Leafs season and playoff against the Habs.

I want to see a Toronto vs Montreal playoff series this year as well, as its been a long time to get payback.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Unless they come out of nowhere to win the cup as MTL seems to do from time to time.

I want to play MTL in the playoffs so bad, hopefully this is the year!
Not sure how many of their games you’ve watched, but, not that they’re better than us, but I don’t think it would be an optimal match for us. They currently have a very punishing blue line. I’d rather play a much more skilled, but softer team than the Habs myself. Of course, beating them would be the ultimate feeling, but I wouldn’t necessarily relish a matchup with they’re current iteration.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Not sure how many of their games you’ve watched, but, not that they’re better than us, but I don’t think it would be an optimal match for us. They currently have a very punishing blue line. I’d rather play a much more skilled, but softer team than the Habs myself. Of course, beating them would be the ultimate feeling, but I wouldn’t necessarily relish a matchup with they’re current iteration.
Like I said preseason it is match everyone wants ... Leafs vs Habs for right to get to Cup semis ... it will be highest rated TV ever in Canada ... da league will do what it takes to make it happen ... but first we got to get through Flames or Jets in round 1 .... and this will be a big accomplishment for this team and then beating Habs will get city to rock again ... our little Cup win sort of speak

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I understand. But that still doesn't not make it a very long time

It's all relative I guess but it seems like a very long time to me.

We're going to have to beat some good teams if we're to win the cup and there's much scarier teams out there than MTL. And even if that wasn't the case, I've been waiting over 40 years for revenge so optimal or not, I want a piece of them.

I will be very disappointed if it doesn't happen this season as with the say things are set up, I'd say it's better then 50% that we finally play them this season. This season with the division the way they are is chance of a lifetime for us in more ways than one. Win the cup beating MTL along the way, that would be a dream come true!

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
If Edmonton doesn't get in with those two superstars and a rather weak bottom 4 teams in the division, it would be an absolute embarrassment for their management team.
They have zero chance of making it ... Flames Leafs Habs Jets are far superior teams ... i think they will lose to canucks too but who knows ... they can beat Ottawa though so I would bet they come in 6th place

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If Edmonton doesn't get in with those two superstars and a rather weak bottom 4 teams in the division, it would be an absolute embarrassment for their management team.

On the bright side, they should be used to being embarrassed by now. ;)

GLobello

Dec 1, 2015
I had Leafs, Oilers, Canucks, Jets at the start of the year. Still confident expect swapping out the Canucks for the Habs.

The Canucks are awful but will take 2 out of 3 from the Leafs this weekend because of course they will.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Voted Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton

I expect Winnipeg and Calgary to compete for the 4th spot, with the edge going to the Flames.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
It's just funny how bad the pacific teams are. And remember - the Cali teams and Arizona are even worse. What a terrible division that is/was. Made all those western Canadian fans and media think way too highly of their teams.

Winnipeg isn't even that good but they're better than those pacific teams.

But I guess we gotta pick one pacific team to make it....but boy is it tough. Can a team with apparently "2 mvps" really miss the playoffs again? Even with no real competition? You wouldn't think so....but im still kinda leaning flames there anyways.

Anyways here's how the old divisions have done this year:

Screenshot_20210203-173908_Sheets.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad