North \ Canadian Division - Defense

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
It's not even Keefe. Keef doing regular coach things.

Babcock was intentionally sabotaging the team and his GM.

Disagree. It's the difference between coach and GM. Lou and Babs are old school and were on the same page. Babs disagrees with how Dubas see's the game. He is modern. He brought in his coach who is similar to Rod, Bednar, Cooper, etc. New school guys who aren't afraid to use their players in different ways. Who aren't scared of letting their stars be stars instead of stifling them.

MrvJets

Apr 23, 2018
The top goalies of this generation don’t have Stanley Cup rings, so I’d challenge that statement

The hottest goalie in the playoffs is always the the best Defense. Might want to go back and look at St Louis, Washington and Tampa Bay and see which goalies did what.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
The top goalies of this generation don’t have Stanley Cup rings, so I’d challenge that statement
I think “come playoff time” was the key there.

People like the dramatic, glorified idea that the playoffs being “harder” and a teams mental strength is the single factor in success.

that’s true to an extent, but it’s also a small sample size, 4-7 games.

every team, and especially individual players have ups and downs.

some goalies are super consistent. Some are less so, but definitely great goaltending is almost always a factor to whichever particular teams success any given year, unless the skaters are scoring or defending insanely well

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
You heard it here first.... the North is the worst defensively, but the best offensively... it's almost like there is some correlation between the two when it is inter-divisional only play this year. It would have been exactly the same conclusion if it were business as usual - although some would be ignorant to argue otherwise - take a look at the last couple of seasons prior to this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad