North Bay Battalion 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 2)

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
As an impartial viewer I disagree about that, but also agree he should've scraped himself off the ice earlier if he had any thoughts of being out on the PP. But no embellishment penalty on that one.

I’ll disagree with your claim to be an impartial observer. No one in any sort of discomfort following a hit from behind can so easily lift their head and upper body at the hips with eyes wide open to see if the refs are watching; and pretty much all in one motion play dead again. To top it off, the gens coaches double down on the embellishment.

If I was one of the refs, I would be so infuriated that when Senneke held his face after contact to the chest at the end of regulation or end of first OT; I would have taken great joy in assessing a 10 minute USC.

Reactions: Northern Maroon

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
You have to wonder what goes through Arnsby's head when in O/T of an elimination game, he chooses to drive somebody on the numbers into the boards. Regular season, that's 5 and a game all day long. Smarten up!!

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
So neither impartial or aware that Saginaw, NB, Oshawa are good teams that could sweep London if rewarded for diving on any and all contact vs London.
The embellishment has to stop.
As a watcher of Oshawa v NB I have absolutely no horse in the race, with the closest connection being 17 yo Leblanc twins. I called NB in 6 at the outset.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
You have to wonder what goes through Arnsby's head when in O/T of an elimination game, he chooses to drive somebody on the numbers into the boards. Regular season, that's 5 and a game all day long. Smarten up!!

Good to see at least one person is able to look at things objectively and in an unbiased manner. Arnsby has taken dumb penalties all series, or at least in the games that he wasn’t suspended - - for taking dumb penalties in the opening series.

I can’t understand why so many people embarrass themselves with incessant whining about the refs. Cries from North Bay fans about “embellishment” are especially laughable considering no player in the league does more ridiculous diving than Jake Therrien.

Here’s the thing, my friends - - if your team plays well enough, the refs won’t be in a position to have any ability to impact the game. Want to call a question roughing penalty? No problem, when you’re up 6-1 and dominating. Refs can go ahead and make it a double minor, because it’s not going to change the outcome.

• Haha
Reactions: 190 is almost 206

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad