North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Back in the day when local fans were hoping that Filip Chytil would report here, his agent apparently was reported to have said that Chytil would never report to North Bay because the Battalion was a 'train wreck'. Looks like he called it.
I remember yea. Butler is ruining it all. Location isnt helping either. HENDERSON BYE PACEY BYE BYE PLEASE STAN BYE BYE

Reactions: Birddog

Birddog

Sep 24, 2018
North Bay
I know you're reading this Mr. Abbot. What does Butler have on you? No coach in hockey should survive this training wreck. Don't bother tanking those top rated players would never report anyway.

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Never in the history of sports has a there been a coach for 19 years for one team. Wow!!!!!!

Reactions: Birddog

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Just looking at the contract between the Battalion and City NB and on page #1 it says "season ticket sales in any one year must equal $750,000 or the city is required to make up the difference." Adult ST = $640, Senior ST = $540. I'll assume an average price of $600 so that works out to about 1250 season ticket sales. Think they are there or is the city already kicking in?

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Not at all. But if you're going to state "facts" when you're bashing someone, deservedly or not you should probably check first. It gives one more credibility.
Ok i get it dude. I was talking Hockey and OHL to be clear. As this is an OHL forum.What Ohl coach has coached for a team longer then 19 years then bud.

Reactions: Samee987

stickhandle

Jul 4, 2007
Back in the day when local fans were hoping that Filip Chytil would report here, his agent apparently was reported to have said that Chytil would never report to North Bay because the Battalion was a 'train wreck'. Looks like he called it.
Im pretty sure him not reporting had something to do with him making the Rangers and collecting a nice pay check

Bird dog

Jan 5, 2019
Never in the history of sports has a there been a coach for 19 years for one team. Wow!!!!!!

Brian Kilrea, Ottawa 67s- 11 years with the 67s, then went to the New York Islanders for 2 years. He returned back to Ottawa to coach for another 22 years as well as GM. Retired as coach in 2009 and stayed on for GM for a few more years before taking SR Advising Role. 33 years coaching the same team

Reactions: View from section 9

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Butler 19 years straight as coach with The troops. Isnt hes contract up at the end of the season??

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Re: Season Tickets (re: Samee987)

The team (as do others) counts tickets sold for any game, i.e.: 1700+ last night. I think this would put the STH number in the 1500 – 1700 range, as I simply can’t imagine there would be more than a handful of people buying single game tickets at this point.
Also, there was no sponsor promotion to muddy the waters last night. When a community group or a company like Redpath becomes a game sponsor, I believe they receive a number of tickets for their sponsorship cost and these would rightfully be counted in that game’s total.

Having said that, I believe the testing of that clause in the agreement will happen very soon, likely next season, as the STH exodus will continue. How the city (and by extension the taxpayers) reacts to the request for funds will probably determine the team’s future here in a hurry.

Re: P. Chris. 2 Game Suspension (re: HashingMARK)

I think PC and the team received a major break here, as this infraction has brought about 5 games in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad