North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
Anyone here on the Facebook fan page? 3/4 of the fans are hooked on the Butler Kool-Aid!
I'm on that page...and no, I'm not. On a personal level (I've always said this) if he isn't well, then his health has to come first and I wish him nothing but the very best. As far as hockey goes, I really think either the game has passed him by, or he's failed to evolve along with the changing game.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
I'm on that page...and no, I'm not. On a personal level (I've always said this) if he isn't well, then his health has to come first and I wish him nothing but the very best. As far as hockey goes, I really think either the game has passed him by, or he's failed to evolve along with the changing game.
That makes 2 of us

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
I'm kind of shocked (but not surprised) that a 16 year old kid has the kind of power where he can tell an entire team where, when, under what circumstance and to what team(s) he will report. Top 3 first round pick would be great - but could North Bay be bullied into picking a player they don't "really" want because the one they do says "Screw you guys....I'll only report to Windsor/London/Hamilton, etc." I might be old fashioned in this way - but I think the honourable thing to do would be to play for the team that put in the work/effort to draft you. Or does every high end OHL pick think they're the second coming of Sid the Kid?
It’s possible projected 1st overall pick already jumped over to the states, plenty of players do not want to play for butler

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
I'm kind of shocked (but not surprised) that a 16 year old kid has the kind of power where he can tell an entire team where, when, under what circumstance and to what team(s) he will report. Top 3 first round pick would be great - but could North Bay be bullied into picking a player they don't "really" want because the one they do says "Screw you guys....I'll only report to Windsor/London/Hamilton, etc." I might be old fashioned in this way - but I think the honourable thing to do would be to play for the team that put in the work/effort to draft you. Or does every high end OHL pick think they're the second coming of Sid the Kid?
Coe at #3 OA when at least 5 or 6 guys better than him went later in the first.
McMichael
Rees
Keppen
Tomasino
Harley
Robertson
Clarke
Murray
We don't draft BPA we draft BPAWTR.

Last edited:

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
What an absolute embarassment of a weekend for the city of NB. From ownership to the guy who is suppose to choose the players to the guy who is suppose to coach and develope the players...an absolute joke. I'm beginning to think the fans in Brampton had it right!! We've only had this crap for 7 years -- they had to put up with 20 years worth.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
Attendance maybe in the teens again. Like the Blue Jays, this team might be 'rebuilding' for years to come.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
What an absolute embarassment of a weekend for the city of NB. From ownership to the guy who is suppose to choose the players to the guy who is suppose to coach and develope the players...an absolute joke. I'm beginning to think the fans in Brampton had it right!! We've only had this crap for 7 years -- they had to put up with 20 years worth.

** 15 years...only seemed like 20...lol

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015
We have four players at the bottom of +/- in the league,
1. PC4 @ -15, Can't blame him, @ the age of 16 probably our best Dman going up against top units.
2. MP19 @ -14, only NHL draftee on the team, didn't notice him last three games.
3. BC21 @ -13, 3rd year player allowed to do what ever he feels. I do remember Stan saying "They wil be lined up down Chippewa St. to see this kid play"
4. BH20 @ -13, Don't no why he's still here?
Honourable mention,
7. PC5 @ -12, 1st round pick, looking like we signed him as a walk on.
10. MR27 @ -11, 3rd in team scoring!!!

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
Coe at #3 OA when at least 5 or 6 guys better than him went later in the first.
McMichael
Rees
Keppen
Tomasino
Harley
Robertson
Clarke
Murray
We don't draft BPA we draft BPAWTR.
Do you think that trend might change if Butler were to resign/be fired as H.C.?

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
We have four players at the bottom of +/- in the league,
1. PC4 @ -15, Can't blame him, @ the age of 16 probably our best Dman going up against top units.
2. MP19 @ -14, only NHL draftee on the team, didn't notice him last three games.
3. BC21 @ -13, 3rd year player allowed to do what ever he feels. I do remember Stan saying "They wil be lined up down Chippewa St. to see this kid play"
4. BH20 @ -13, Don't no why he's still here?
Honourable mention,
7. PC5 @ -12, 1st round pick, looking like we signed him as a walk on.
10. MR27 @ -11, 3rd in team scoring!!!
I don’t understand BC21, we know what kind of player he is, kid loves offence, not a huge defender and that’s fine those types of players exist everywhere. Why does he get put on the PK? Once rose is healthy fire BH20 into the sun and find someone new

Bear54

Sep 20, 2018
Sault Ste. Marie
Despite letting in 10 goals Proulx did flash some potential

I agree on this. I got to watch him close up for two periods and he worked hard and shows a lot of talent. It was one of those games (We've had our share lately too).

I have to ask though... Why would a coach leave a young goalie (in his very first OHL start) in net for 10 goals (can't count the empty-netter)?
If the OHL is a league that prides itself on developing young hockey players, that decision only helps to break a kid's spirit. A really dumb move on the coach's part IMO.

Reactions: HockeyPops

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
I agree on this. I got to watch him close up for two periods and he worked hard and shows a lot of talent. It was one of those games (We've had our share lately too).

I have to ask though... Why would a coach leave a young goalie (in his very first OHL start) in net for 10 goals (can't count the empty-netter)?
If the OHL is a league that prides itself on developing young hockey players, that decision only helps to break a kid's spirit. A really dumb move on the coach's part IMO.
Both goalies got absolutely rocked all weekend putting Cicigoi back in wouldn’t have done anything for either of them, once Vrbetic is back Proulx will be back in Jr A and can get his confidence back, cicigoi doesn’t have that option

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
6 GF, 26 GA, avg. loss 9-2. You know things are fairly bad when a 6-3 loss actually looks like a solid win. About a week ago I suggested the 10 game stretch starting with this past weekend’s 3 might be a season defining set of games. What I didn’t put in print was what I thought would be an acceptable/hoped for result. The number I had in mind was 3. No, not wins, points. I envisioned 1-8-1 as possibly an attainable mark. Admittedly this was fairly negatory given the results of the immediately preceding 3 (OSH, @NIA, SSM). This might still be possible, but I can’t really find what might be termed a “winnable” game in the next 7. Sadly I think the result will be 0-10, putting us at 3-16 by Nov. 10, and probably firmly in control of 20th place. I am too frightened to look beyond those 7 upcoming games.

What I can’t figure is how the 3 good games in a row: 1 goal home loss to undefeated at the time Gens; 6 goal victory margin on the road vs. I Dogs; solid, somewhat inspiring, and very entertaining, home win by 2 vs. ‘hounds, could have morphed into what transpired this weekend. Are they really this bad, or has the whole team checked out mentally and physically, and why now? There are certainly lots of questions, hopefully there will be an answer or 3 out there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->